The wonders of Epsom salt have been well known for hundreds of years and unlike other salts, Epsom salt has beneficial properties that can soothe the body, mind and soul. Some of the countless health benefits include relaxing the nervous system, curing skin problems, soothing back pain and aching limbs, easing muscle strain, healing cuts, treating cold and congestion, and drawing toxins from the body. One of the simplest ways to ease stress and stress-related problems is to soak in a tub full of hot water with a few cups of Epsom Salts.
Here are some of the benefits of Epsom Salt :
- Relieve Muscle Pain – When the salts are dissolved in water, they release the compound magnesium, which helps to promote relaxation of the muscles and the mind.
- Skin Cleanser – Epsom salts act as an amazing skin cleanser because it clears out the pores of the skin and allows the water to wash out all the dirt and oil that have been trapped there.
- Relieve Foot Pain & Odour – Leaving feet to soak in Epsom salt bath can help to remove splinters, treat Athlete’s foot, and get rid of toe fungus. It can also soothe irritated and sore feet, and combats foot odour.
- Fight Colds and Flu – Studies show that Epsom salts help increase the body’s white blood cell count, which boosts the body’s ability to fight infection.
- Body Scrub – After a warm shower, rub Epsom salts helps increase the body’s white blood cell count, which boosts the body’s ability to fight infection.
- Promotes Better Sleep – A warm Epsom salt bath increases magnesium levels in the body, which helps to relax the muscles and stress levels.
- Chapped Lip Treatment – When epsom salts are mixed in into a light moisturise, the mixture gently exfoliates and relieves skin of irritation.
- Hair Volume – Adding salt to your hair conditioner helps to get rid of excess oil, which relieves some of the weight on the hair and helps to give it more volume.
Magnesium plays a number of roles in the body including regulating the activity of over 325 enzymes, reducing inflammation, helping muscle and
nerve function and helping to prevent artery hardening. Sulfates help improve the absorption of nutrients, flush toxins and help ease migraine headaches. Use the Epsom Salt today!