Chia seed is a highly nutritious, medicinal, and it has been used for centuries for its beneficial properties. Chia seed contains large amounts of B vitamins and calcium. In roughly two ounces of chia (100 grams), there are 600 milligrams of calcium, contrasted with 120 milligrams of calcium in the same amount of milk. That’s five times as much calcium than milk! Chia also contains boron, which is needed for bones.
Still not convinced about adding chia seeds to your diet on a regular basis? Here are few more health benefits for you :
- They boost your energy levels.
- They contain plenty of fibre and hence improves digestive system.
- They increase brain power.
- They help you lose weight.
- They build lean and strong muscle.
- They improve dental health.
- They are great for the heart.
- They are naturally anti-inflammatory.
- They are anti-ageing superfoods.
- They help prevent Type 2 diabetes.
Touted as being the new “superfood”, Chia seeds are high in easily digestible protein, essential fatty acids, vitamins, soluble fiber, antioxidants, minerals, and are a digestive, disinfectant, febrifuge and ophthalmic. They are currently being used for their nutritional and medicinal properties, endurance for athletes, for suppressing the appetite, weight loss, leveling blood sugar, and for aiding intestinal regularity. Chia seeds readily dissolve into the water, creating a substance that looks like gelatin. Include them in your diet today.