You can significantly lower your risk of heart disease by managing or reducing the risk factors you can control through healthy lifestyle changes. And don’t worry, you don’t have to make big changes to reduce your heart attack and stroke risk.
Count on these few white knights to protect your heart, your arteries, and the rest of you. They will make you look better and feel better. And it’s never too late to start. Here’s the list :
- Eat a heart-healthy diet : Make vegetables and fruits, whole grains, and fish mealtime staples. Limit sodium, saturated fat, and added sugar.
- Get Active : Log 150 minutes of moderate intensity activity like brisk walking per week for 75 minutes of vigorous intensity activity.
- Control your blood sugar : Aim for a fasting blood glucose less than 100mg/dl.
- Watch your cholesterol : Strive for a total cholesterol less than 200mg/dl.
- Maintain a healthy weight : Target a body mass index (BMI) od less than 25.
- Monitor your blood pressure : Keep your numbers below 120/80 mmHg.
- Live Smoke – Free : If you smoke, quit.
Prevention is better than cure. Make these changes for yourself and your family. Start Today. Start Now.