Flaxseed is one of the most important oilseed crops for industrial as well as food, feed, and fiber purposes. The seed provides oil rich in omega-3, digestible proteins, and lignans. In addition to being one of the richest sources of α-linolenic acid oil and lignans, flaxseed is an essential source of high quality protein and soluble fiber and has considerable potential as a source of phenolic compounds.
Here are some of the benefis why you should incorporate flaxseeds in your daily diet :
- High in Fibre : They help in reducing cholesterol and also helps in alleviating blood sugar levels.
- Nutriton : It contains a high amount of vitamin B, magnesium & manganese, which are required for proper functioning of the body.
- High in Phytochemical : It can balance female hormones.
- Heart Disease : It reduces the risk of heart attacks and stroke.
- Menopausal Symtoms : Flaxseeds were found to work in the same way as hormone replacement therapy in menopausal symptoms.
- High Cholesterol : People who follow a Mediterranean diet have high HDL i.e good cholesterol level.
- Ligans : Flax seeds contain a group of chemicals called ligans that helps the body to protect from cancer.
- Diabetes : It improves the blood sugar of people suffering from diabetes.
- Immunity : It provides good immunity to the body and fight alien substances.
- Constipation : Flaxseeds and flaxseed oil act as natural laxative and give you relief from constipation without having an harmful side effects.
Flaxseed is emerging as an important functional food ingredient because of its rich contents of α-linolenic acid (ALA), lignans, and fiber. Lignans appear to be anti-carcinogenic compounds. The omega-3s and lignan phytoestrogens of flaxseed are in focus for their benefits for a wide range of health conditions and may possess chemo-protective properties in animals and humans. Start taking flaxseed today.