Crohn’s Disease

What is Crohn’s Disease?

Crohn’s disease is an inflammatory bowel disease (IBD). IT causes inflammation of the lining of your digestive tract, which can lead to abdominal pain, severe diarrhea, fatigue, weight loss and malnutrition. Inflammation caused by Crohn’s disease can involve different areas of the digestive tract in different people.

Whats are the symptoms of Crohn’s Disease?

• Inflammation may develop anywhere in the GI tract from the mouth to the anus.
  • Most commonly occurs at the end of the small intestine.
  • May appear in patches.
  • May extend through entire thickness of bowel wall.
  • About 67% of people in remission will have at least 1 relapse over the next 5 years.

What are the causes of Crohn’s Disease?

Although the exact causes are unknown, researchers believe Crohn’s disease is caused by a combination of factors involving genetics, the environment, and an overactive immune system. It is not caused by something you ate.

How is Crohn’s Disease diagnosed?

Your doctor will initially arrange blood tests to help find the diagnosis. You may also be asked to provide stool samples for analysis to see if there is an infection in your gut . A stool sample may also be sent to measure a protein called calprotectin, which can be used to see whether it is likely that you have Crohn’s disease. Depending upon the symptoms other invasive tests such as colonoscopy may also be done.

1. Excellent and very important. Thank you!

Thank you Alan. I am glad you liked it. Crohn’s disease can cause abdominal pain, diarrhoea, weight loss, anaemia and fatigue. Some people may be symptom-free most of their lives, while others can have severe chronic symptoms that never go away. Tricky this one.

2. A friend of mine has Crohns. I feel for her, I have IBS and take over the counter medicines often.

I can understand that Brady. With diseases like Crohn’s the golden rule is, Ask, don’t assume. Crohn’s is not a one-size-fits-all disease. What works for one person or couple may not work for others. That’s why open and honest communication is so important.

1. How did you think my name is Brady? My first name is Chrissie,lol. I tried repopulating my gut with good bacteria but that didn’t work for me.

I just called you by your surname. Knew your name 🙂

Check out Digbi health programs. They have research based gut biome nutrition programs. Checkout https://digbihealth.com/#!

3. Thanks for the link. Please don’t call me Brady,I’m not a man.

Alright Chrisssie!!

3. I know Chron disease very well being a “member” of the family in which I grew, sigh. Wonderful post, Thanks *hugs*

I am glad you liked the post Kitty. I believe nutrition is the mainstay for Crohn’s disease specially when the meal plan is prepared exclusively according to your gut biome. I really like packages at https://digbihealth.com. You can check them out too if you like. Thank you for stopping by today.

4. POEETERNAL says:

Dude, I served 15 honorable years in the Army, you can totally call me by my last name!!! Have a great week!

Thank you. 👍🏼

1. POEETERNAL says:

That comment above from the other user going on and on about how to address her nearly triggered me. Just wanted to return some positivity for you. I have people address me as “Sir” on accident, can’t imagine how she would respond to that in the real world, you’d probably get shot…

At medical school, we were all called our surnames. Even now at the hospitals or corporates we get called by our Surnames. It is all about the environment I guess. Thank you for positivity. We all need it.

3. POEETERNAL says:

I worked as a combat medic in the Army. Once a medic, always a medic! But, I just would have asked nicely to address me as “blah blah”. It just felt very hostile reading it. And took several messages plus a “pff, do I look like a man to you”… *rolls eyes*. So, sending love!

Much appreciated.

You are most welcome. I am glad you found it useful.

5. kmarsello says:

I suffer from this, a hidden illness that takes it’s toll on you. Thank you for sharing!

It does take a toll. Thank you for sharing with us. Let me know if you need any more natural remedy information from me. Happy to help.