If you are overeating, there is a reason. And it’s not that you are undisciplined, lazy, or lacking willpower. Something is driving your overeating–and guess what? Your odds of being effective and successful go WAY up when you identify how to directly address what that something is. When you don’t address the reasons you overeat, not only are your weight loss plans likely to fail, you are likely to continue overeating and gain more weight. When you are smart and strategic, you can break the cycle. And you can get started in just seven days.
Here are a few practical ways to overcome overeating :
- Remember that you can have more food later.
- Remove the fear around not having enough food.
- Let go of the mentality that the “Diet starts on Monday”
- Forgive yourself. It is okay to overeat sometimes.
- Plan you meals ahead of time.
- Enjoy a late snack.
- Avoid sugar and coffee in the afternoon.
- Sleep longer.
- Nurture yourself in other ways besides food.
- Give yourself permission to enjoy all the foods you love.
There is a way to end struggles with overeating and emotional eating so you can lose weight. It may surprise you that the key, in most cases, is not working harder. It’s learning to apply the tools, tips and strategies that allow you to work smarter and to approach your unique situation with more confidence and ease. Making changes that last requires getting to the root of overeating understanding what’s driving the urge to overeat and addressing that issue so that food loses its power.