We all want to live full, productive lives, but sometimes, we just don’t know where to begin. There is so much information ‘out there’ that it can be overwhelming and hard to sort out. Depending on the problem, what seems to work for one person, may not necessarily work for everyone. There are so many different programs, strategies and techniques, that it’s hard to chose the right one.
Here are some essential life skills to help you get on with the new year 2020 with a bang :
- Relationship with Unconscious Mind – Learning to discern how driven we are by the unconscious is a primary life skill. Once discerned, we find ways to develop a rapport with the unconscious. To invest attention into the unconscious is a key to discovering how we tick.
- Allow Vulnerability – Allowing ourselves to be vulnerable helps us embrace the quirks and uniqueness in us. We develop empathy for others by being in touch with our vulnerability. We are far more likely to attract healthy mature people in our lives.
- Embrace the Situation – Surrender to whatever presents itself. Try to not attach to the good or negative feelings. Instead, embrace and watch each moment, then let it pass.
- Practice Gratitude – Research has demonstrated that practising gratitude on a daily basis can greatly improve life and happiness. Focus on the things we have and be grateful for them is a good first step.
- Be Kind to Others & Self – Developing kindness towards others has been shown to greatly improve our lives. It helps build functional happy relationships and is good for our health. Being kind to ourselves helps to alleviate negativity inside our heads. It lifts our mood and helps to develop a better esteem.
- Reduce Ego – One of the big benefits of reducing ego is that our stress levels are lowered, we become more peaceful. Life tends to go smoother when we invest less of ourselves into a situation. It allows grace to enter our lives.
- Persist, Persist and Persist – Find ways to not give up. Persistence is a skill which gets better with practice. Almost all successful endeavours involve high degrees of persistence.
- Let Go of Control – We are trained to control, control and control. If we let go and relax, we free ourselves from worry. Room is made for spontaneity and intuition. We become less rigid and more adaptive.
So which skill are you looking forward to the most in the new year?