Yoga postures (asana) are not well-known for eyes. However, there are a number of exercises which can improve vision. As we age, muscles of our eyes lose their flexibility and this soon develops into an eye problem. The loss of tone and flexibility of eyes affects the normal functioning of our brain and cranial nerves, thus, people with eye problems usually suffer from headaches and eye strain.
Improve your eyesight naturally with 6 eye Yoga exercises :
- Side – To – Side : Look to the left as you inhale and exhale as you draw a straight line with your eyes to the right. Repeat this exercise 10-20 times.
- Up & Down : Look straight up and straight down, drawing a straight line with your eyes. Inhale as you look up, exhale as you look down. Repeat this exercise 10-20 times.
- Sideways : Look straight ahead. Look down and to one side. At that point move your eyes corner to corner and gaze upward and to one side. Repeat this exercise 10-20 times.
- Rotations : Gradually move your eyes clockwise and counterclockwise. Do it clockwise 5 times and afterward counterclockwise 5 times.
- Nose Tip Gazing : Focus your eyes on the tip of the nose for 5-10 seconds. Repeat this exercise 10-20 times.
- Blinking : Blink around 10 times very quickly. Close your eyes and relax for 20 seconds. Slowly take your attention to your breath. Repeat this exercise about 5 times.
With increased hours on your laptop or ipad, your eyes will naturally be tired and you’ll be feeling sleepy all the time. To prevent reduced eyesight or faulty vision, perform yoga for eyes.