Everybody seems to be jumping on the apple cider vinegar band wagon now, myself included. And why not? It has so many wondrous benefits. Its wonderful that such natural remedies for common ailments exist and we don’t have to rely on drugs and prescriptions all the time.
Here are a few amazing uses of apple cider vinegar :
- Weight loss. Apple cider vinegar has acetic acid which helps in weight loss. It maintains body’s alkaline pH level, helps detox your liver, helps reduce heartburn and helps your body combat candida.
- Skin Toner. 1 part apple cider vinegar + 2 parts water. It helps tighten skin and acts as a natural toner. It also helps in reducing acne breakouts.
- For Shiny Hair. Mix 1 part apple cider vinegar with 1 part water and use after shampoo. It helps is getting shiny, soft hair. It also removes build up from products.
- Cures Sunburn. Mix 1 cup of apple cider vinegar in bathtub and soak. It helps in burn relief. Post bath use coconut oil to further relive sun burn.
- Disinfectant. Dilute a half cup of apple cider vinegar with one cup water. It cleans the surface and leaves a happy smell of apples.
- Deodorant. Dilute a cup of apple cider vinegar with one cup water. It acts a natural deodoriser.
- Pet care. 1 quarter apple cider vinegar to three quarters water. It acts as a flea repellent and gives a shiny coat to the pets.
- Garden weed. 1 part apple cider vinegar to 8 parts water in spray bottle. It helps in killing the garden weeds.
Remember that apple cider vinegar is just like other vinegars and can be used in all sorts of cooking. It makes a killer addition to marinades and is also great in salad dressings. Just keep in mind when taking it orally to always dilute it first either with water or juice.