Essential Oils

For the last year and a half I’ve been diving head first into the world of essential oils. I am by no means an expert, but as I’ve been integrating essential oils into my daily life I have learned a lot about how versatile they are and have had fun trying them out in a wide variety of ways.

Quality essential oils can be a bit pricey and I’ve had friends who are interested in using essential oils but seem a little unsure about where to begin. There are a handful of essential oils that I use most often and that I would recommend as basics if you’re just getting started.

• For Mood Upliftment – Try Orange, Grapefruit, Lavender, Lemon, Bergamot, or Marjoram.
  • For Calming Your Nerves & Tension – Try Lavender, Melissa, Orange, Ylang Ylnag, or Frankincense.
  • For Antioxidant Support – Try Clove, Vetiver, Ylang, Ylang, Oregano, Tangerine, or Lemongrass.
  • For Improving Your Skin Appearance – Try Melaleuca, Lavender, Roman Chamomile, Helichrysum, Frankincense, Geranium or Sandalwood.
  • For Reducing Stress Levels – Try Lavender, Frankincense, Bergamot, Roman Chamomile & Eucalyptus.
  • For Supporting Healthy Immune Function – Try Clove, Oregano, Melaleuca, Cypress, Rosemary, or Eucalyptus.
  • For Improving Your Mental Performance – Try Peppermint, Frankincense, Lavender, Helichrysum, Orange, or Rosemary.
  • For Optimal Muscle & Joint Function – Try Wintergreen, Peppermint, Orange, Bergamot, Eucalyptus, or Spruce.
  • For Support Healthy Weight Loss – Try Grapefruit, Lemon, Orange, Peppermint, or Spearmint.
  • For Soothing Skin Irritation, Cuts & Scrapes – Try Lavender, Melaleuca, Helichrysum, Roman Chamomile, or Marjoram.

Read more on : https://www.lovingessentialoils.com

1. Hilary Tan says:

I’m a huge fan of essential oils. I have a diffuser and try to use it everyday. My favorite scent is an off the label tropical mix from The Body Shop. I’m not sure how pure it is but I absolutely love the scent. It’s like no other scent I’ve tried! My husband only likes one scent: eucalyptus.

Whether they’re being used to unwind for improved sleep quality, to uplift the mood, or to create the precise ambience, Essential Oil aromas have the potential to enhance the mind, body, and atmosphere. While it can be confusing to make a selection when faced with the vast number of Essential Oil options due to their limitless benefits, it can be easier to make a choice by narrowing down the options based on the characteristics of their “aroma families.” Each Essential Oil aroma family exhibits a primary aromatic trait by which it is easily recognized (citrusy, floral, minty, etc.) and a corresponding effect (calming, grounding, cooling, energizing, clarifying, etc), which can help to readily identify the ideal application for it.

2. Lydia says:

I love them for natural perfumery also. Neroli is a favorite! Informative post. Blessings and 🙏🏽, Lydia

Ah good choice Lydia. Neroli essential oil is valued for its calming and relaxing scent, which acts as a tranquilizer that can help alleviate anxiety and heart palpitations, relieve insomnia and even help prevent or treat stress-related depression. Its fragrance can also help alleviate digestive issues.

1. Lydia says:

I use them for aromatherapy , but natural perfumery is my primary interest. Of the better known essential oils, lavender, neroli, jasmine, Ylang Ylang, Red Mandarin, Petitgrain and Clary Sage are among my favorites. And that is saying something given that I have over 150 essential oils! lol. You may already know this, but If you suffer from migraines, lavender (particularly, Spike Lavender) and Peppermint are great. Once again, thanks for an informative article. The more people who become familiar with essential oils, the better. Blessings and 🙏🏽, Lydia

Wow Lydia, thank you for sharing the information. Hope you all are safe.

3. Lydia says:

Feel free to let me know if you have any essential oil questions. When I become interested in something, I tend to go all the way. As a result, I have 40-50 books on natural perfumery, aromatherapy and essential oils, and I have some heavenly oils like Byronia, Orange Blossom Absolute, Pink Lotus, Rose de Mai, Carnation Absolute, Tuberose Absolute, Lavender Absolute, and more that are now outrageously expensive. These are reserved for making perfumery. I also have about 10 varieties of lavender. I would be happy to make a small dilution of some of them so that you can truly experience them.

And yes, we are safe so far and practicing proper social distancing. Where are you and how are you and your loves?

Blessings and 🙏🏽, Lydia

I am in India Lydia. If I may ask (pardon my ignorance), are there any essential oils for subconscious mind relaxation as well?

5. Lydia says:

What exactly do you mean? Are you thinking of those for something like meditation? Sandalwood and Frankincense are good for that.

7. Lydia says:

I forgot to mention that I like Palo Santo, as well, if you can find the essential oil. Sage too. Also, the oils that you mentioned in your post like lavender, Ylang Ylang, , and Neroli are good as well. Try making a blend of those that you like. Finally, I am no expert, but I have dealt with and used oils for a long time. Blessings

You have a rich experience Lydia. I will try your recommendations. Thank you for sharing them with us. Much appreciated.

3. Ada says:

Hello, I hope you are well. I noticed that you didn’t put anyone for hair. Do you have any for hair? 🙂

Essential oils can be effective in even small amounts, as they are highly concentrated. However, it is crucial to mix essential oils with a carrier oil, such as olive, jojoba, or grapeseed. If a person has dry hair, carrier oils such as shea, coconut, or avocado oil may help moisturize the scalp. Let me research more on this 🙂

1. Ada says:

Alright! Thank you very much 💙

Most welcome Ada.!

4. allenrizzi says:

Interesting – I had my wife read this because she has worked with essential oils for many years. She enjoyed it as well.

I am glad you both liked it. essential oils are effective in treating viral, bacterial, fungal and parasitic infections, and in providing relief from sleep difficulties and pain. The oils may also improve moods, such as anxiety, depression, and reduce stress.

5. Good for you! Love Love Oils! Been educating others about essential oils for 7 yrs. Currently working on getting a YouTube channel started on Home Remedies. Just have to figure out how to create and edit it all. Ug! I specialize in using oils for pets (horses, dogs, cats). Not sure how I would get by without my oils. They have helped me, my pets and so many others in so many ways. They are TOP on my list to have in my health cabinet. 🙂

That is so awesome 👏🏼

6. Zefaney says:

Gonna grab one at the next chance I get

👍🏼👍🏼

7. WordsOfDepth says:

You are really an admirable blogger.

8. طيف says: