Keeping a healthy weight has leads of benefits. You won’t be surprised to hear that keeping a healthy weight build down to three things : eating healthier foods, eating less, and getting more active. But actually doing that can be tough.
These 10 weight loss tips are based on scientific evidence and can help you make healthy habits that are easy to do every day :
- Keep To Your Meal Routine – Eating at roughly the same time each day, whether that’s 2 or 5 times, helps avoid unplanned meals and snacks.
- Reduce Fat Intake – High calorie fatty foods like fast food, some meats, butter and cream can make you put on weight.
- Walk Off The Weight – Try reaching 10,000 steps each day. It might sound a lot, but start with small increases and you’ll soon up your steps. A pedometer (or smartphone app) can help you keep track.
- Pack A Healthy Snack – If you snack, having healthy options on standby helps you dodge chocolate or crisps.
- Look At The Labels – Food labels can help you compare packaged foods and pick options higher in fibre and lower in fat, salt & sugar.
- Caution with your Portions – How much you eat over the day is as important as what you eat. Fill half of your plate with colourful vegetables. Fill a quarter with high fibre wholegrain foods like brown rice and fill a quarter with healthy protein like fish, fresh chicken or pulses like beans and lentils.
- Up On Your Feet – Sitting less has many benefits beyond just weight loss.
- Think About Your Drinks – Alcohol, fizzy drinks and energy drinks can be high in sugar and calories. And fruit juice is high in natural sugar, so stick to no more than one small glass a day.
- Focus On Your Food – Over-eating is all too easy while on the go or in front of the TV.
- Don’t Forget Your 5 A Day – Having fruit or vegetables at every meal makes it easier to get your 5 A Day.