Top 10 Tips for Healthy Weight

Keeping a healthy weight has leads of benefits. You won’t be surprised to hear that keeping a healthy weight build down to three things : eating healthier foods, eating less, and getting more active. But actually doing that can be tough.

These 10 weight loss tips are based on scientific evidence and can help you make healthy habits that are easy to do every day :

• Keep To Your Meal Routine – Eating at roughly the same time each day, whether that’s 2 or 5 times, helps avoid unplanned meals and snacks.
  • Reduce Fat Intake – High calorie fatty foods like fast food, some meats, butter and cream can make you put on weight.
  • Walk Off The Weight – Try reaching 10,000 steps each day. It might sound a lot, but start with small increases and you’ll soon up your steps. A pedometer (or smartphone app) can help you keep track.
  • Pack A Healthy Snack – If you snack, having healthy options on standby helps you dodge chocolate or crisps.
  • Look At The Labels – Food labels can help you compare packaged foods and pick options higher in fibre and lower in fat, salt & sugar.
  • Caution with your Portions – How much you eat over the day is as important as what you eat. Fill half of your plate with colourful vegetables. Fill a quarter with high fibre wholegrain foods like brown rice and fill a quarter with healthy protein like fish, fresh chicken or pulses like beans and lentils.
  • Up On Your Feet – Sitting less has many benefits beyond just weight loss.
  • Think About Your Drinks – Alcohol, fizzy drinks and energy drinks can be high in sugar and calories. And fruit juice is high in natural sugar, so stick to no more than one small glass a day.
  • Focus On Your Food – Over-eating is all too easy while on the go or in front of the TV.
  • Don’t Forget Your 5 A Day – Having fruit or vegetables at every meal makes it easier to get your 5 A Day.

Reference : https://brochure.norfolkslivingwell.org.uk/product/10-top-tips-for-a-healthy-weight

1. creativeenvision says:

Helpful tips especially during this lock down period. Thank you for sharing.

Most welcome. A lot of people are gaining weight because of inactivity.

2. I started reading labels in my teens. It’s an eye-opening experience! I gave up alcohol about, um, 5 years ago. There’s the high-calorie thing, but also it makes you feel “blech” the next day even if you only drink a little bit.

Abstinence from Alcohol is a good thing.

3. Donna Gonzales says:

Your tips are very helpful. I hope I can follow everything so that I will be fit someday. 😀

If you will try, you will be fit one day. Good luck.

4. Over Soil says:

I don’t hate the people who see the image on this post as food, but I do hate the image.
    Many people will see the dead body parts of sentient beings and finds that disturbing.

1. Over Soil says:

Honestly, that is what I see, I don’t see it as food, I see corpse parts and that is what it is. I recommend not eating other sentient beings body parts for soooo many reasons, one being that they want to live.

2. Over Soil says:

Four funny old ex-battery hens live with me, so on a light note click on the link inside my post for a laugh: