Quick and Easy Meals

Cooking at home and eating healthy often go hand in hand. But if you’re not a kitchen-savvy gal, here are some easy recipes for healthy meals that require as few ingredients as possible.

By having a number of strategies for quick and easy meals, you can make sure all your meals are nutritious and include foods from the five food groups.

• Cook more than you need and freeze meal sized portions for another time or for lunches.
  • Cook a base recipe that can be used in a number of different ways.
  • Make use of frozen vegetables to serve with meals or add to leftovers for lunches. By filling up on vegetables that are lower in calories, people trying to lose weight can reduce the calories of a meal.
  • Serve leftovers or no added salt baked beans on toast or in a jacket potato.
  • Serve no added salt tinned chopped tomatoes or sardines on toast.
  • Cook an omelette and add some chopped fresh or frozen vegetables. Serve with wholemeal toast.
  • Cook a lean piece of meat or piece of skinless chicken. Slice while warm and toss over  salad vegetables.
  • Open a can of salt reduced tomato soup and add frozen vegetables and a can of drained legumes without added salt. Serve with wholemeal toast or a roll.

Reference :https://www.eatforhealth.gov.au/eating-well/tips-eating-well/quick-and-easy-meals

1. Hilary Tan says:

Do you have the recipe for that dish in the image? It looks tasty.

Hahahha No it’s an image I got 🙂

1. Hilary Tan says:

Yeah, I was like, “this looks yummy! I want to make this for breakfast!” I forget the name of the dish. Never had it but I’ve heard good things about it.

👍🏼👍🏼

2. ivonanikolic says:

Thank you for wonderful ideas! I’m looking forward to experimenting with some of these! 🙂

Let me know if they worked for you.

1. ivonanikolic says:

I will as soon as I get to them! 😀

3. I’ll add Spinach to the list in terms of you can use it making a dish to include eggs and potatoes, good for breakfast. Or spinach with easy chicken dishes 🙂

Ah yes, thank you for this. Leafy greens, such as spinach or kale, are excellent sources of fiber, as well as nutrients like folate, vitamin C, vitamin K and vitamin A. Research shows that leafy greens also contain a specific type of sugar that helps fuel growth of healthy gut bacteria.