A good relationship is not characterised by the absence or quarrels, arguments, and fights, but by the way the couple deals with them. Different people define relationships in different ways. But in order for a relationship to be healthy, it needs a few key ingredients.
Here are some tips for fixing your relationships :
Dealing with Communication Problems
- Pay attention : When you are talking to each other make eye contact and take your time to listen to each other. Don’t multitask.
- Respect your partner : Allow your partner to finish their sentence, to make their point. And respect that other have different opinion. Consult your partner for their opinion.
Dealing with Sexual Problems
- Take your time : Take it easy, use some foreplay to get in the mood. Use foreplay to explore each other bodies and to get the other aroused. Foreplay can easily take up to one hour.
- Make time : Sex and being intimate is very important in a relationship. Plan your romantic night and make something out of it. By planning sex you will anticipate on it as well. And don’t forget : there is always time for a quickie.
Dealing with Financial Issues
- Stick to a budget : Check your local supermarket for discount products. And make long term and short term goals, and calculate the amount of money you need for each goal.
- Be transparent : Be transparent and honest about your income, your debts, and about the future perspective. Let your partner know about desired purchases.
Dealing with Home Chores
- Stop postponing : Doing home chores won’t take more than 15 minutes of your time. It takes away frustration and annoyance.
- Lower your expectations : People expect their partners to clean up, to vacuum or to do the groceries, but often do not oversee his busy schedule. A schedule makes it easier for the both of you.
Making Your Relationship Your Priority
- Make time for each other : Plan date nights, make an effort to be with each other. Quality time keeps a relationship healthy and special.
- Personal care : Shave yourself regularly, wear nice clothes around each other. It boosts your self esteem and shows you care about your partner.
Dealing with Conflicts
- Take the blame : By taking the blame you don’t focus on who wins the discussion, but on how to solve this issue. Taking the blame is more mature than denying your part in it.
- Use a mirror : Analyse your own behaviour and listen to your partner observations of you. You are as much responsible for a conflict as your partner is.
Dealing with Trust Issues
- Stick to your promise : Only promise something you can actually do. If you can’t keep a promise then immediately inform your partner about it.
- Let the past be the past : Don’t project previous relationship trust issues on your current relationship. Take about your trust issues with your partner.