“If you are making one too many health withdrawals from your health bank account, and you’re not putting enough in, you are going to face a boy and mind deficit.” ~ Arianna Huffington
Here are her 12 steps to thrive in life:
- Get 30 minutes more sleep a day. Go to bed earlier or take an afternoon nap.
- Move your body. Anytime. Walk, stretch, do yoga, dance. Just move.
- Meditate at least 5 minutes a day. And build it up to 15-20 minutes over time.
“By letting go of your devices you determine the agenda for the day, and you take back control of what you want to achieve and how.” ~ Arianna Huffington
- Let go of something today that you no longer need. It could be a project you’re not going to do, negative self-talk, or anything.
- Start a gratitude list you share with two or more friends. Get them to share their list with you.
- Turn off your devices at a certain hour every day. Disconnect from the digital & reconnect with your intuition.
“Life is a dance. It’s about balancing making things happen and letting things happen. Don’t push the river that flows.” ~ Arianna Huffington
- Focus on your breath for 10 seconds. It allows you to become fully present.
- Use a joyful image for inspiration. Pick it up when you’re feeling stuck.
- Forgive yourself for your judgements. Then look at your life with newness.
“Live life in a sense of abundance. Be in a constant state of offering. Connect with people personally.” ~ Arianna Huffington
- Make acts of kindness a habit. See how these small gestures make you feel.
- Make a new personal connection. With someone you’d normally pass by.
- Use your skills to help someone. Transition from a go-getter to a go-giver.
Live life as if everything is rigged in your favour. ~ Rumi.