Health Benefits of Maca
Maca is a nutrient dense superfood comprised of minerals, vitamins and enzymes. It is a complete protein and contains b Vitamins (essential for vegans). Probably the most important feature of maca is that its an adaptogen. This means the root will respond to your body’s specific needs — in other words, it has the ability to fill in nutritional gaps.
Here are a few health benefits of Maca :
- Alleviating menopause symptoms
- Relieving the symptoms of premenstrual syndrome (PMS)
- Treating polycystic ovarian syndrome (PCOS)
- Restoring sexual function in both men and women
- Improving make and female fertility
What are the compounds which make Maca so unique?
- Sterols – They are hormone balancing compounds that stimulate the endocrine system. Campesterol, stigmasterol and beta-sitosterol.
- Fatty acid amides (FAAs) – FAAs are neuromodulatory lipids that influence mood and behaviour. Macaine and macamide.
How to use Maca?
- It is available in capsule or tablet from, powder or dried.
Unlike other herbs used in hormone replacement therapy (HRT), Maca lacks phytoestrogens but, instead, encourages optimal functioning of the endocrine glands, providing an overall hormone balancing effect.
Reference : https://www.herbazest.com/herbs/maca