Chamomile is considered as one of the oldest and also documented as medicinal plant. It has shown to be an anti-inflammatory, astringent and antioxidant especially in floral part since ancient times. Chamomile tea is one of the world’s most popular herbal teas and about a million cups are consumed every day. Tea bags of chamomile are also available in the market, containing chamomile flower powder, either pure or blended with other popular medicinal herbs.
Here are some of the benefits of chamomile tea :
- Relieves Stress : One of the most common reasons for tea consumption is the powerful ability of its ingredients to aid in relaxation. Chamomile tea can help reduce stress and anxiety thanks to its warm, soothing nature.
- Digestive Aid : Chamomile was traditionally used to treat colic in children, and is also exceptionally good at relieving gas and may prevent stomach ulcers.
- Improves Sleep : Just as relieving compounds in chamomile tea help to alleviate stress and anxiety, they also aid in helping you get to sleep faster and achieve a more restful space.
- Alleviates Cold Symptoms : The aromatic scent of chamomile helps to clear congested sinuses. Chamomile’s soothing properties can also help relieve symptoms of a sore throat.
- Supports Skin Health : Chamomile can be added to the bath to alleviate itchy, scaly skin. Chamomile tea has natural polyphenols and phytochemicals that can speed up the healing process of scars and minimize wrinkles and breakouts.
- Promotes Healthy Hair : Topical use of chamomile tea may promote healthier, shinier hair. Anti-inflammatory compounds can alleviate itchy, dry scalp that can lead to dandruff. Chamomile tea is also a natural hair lightener.
In addition to the use of tea, chamomile can be turned into a very potent oil, which has all the same beneficial properties the tea owns. Chamomile essential oil is very widely used in the cosmetic and soap making industries. It is added to all kinds of formulas, such as shampoos, conditioners, lotions, soaps, and much more.