Weight Loss is like marriage, you can’t cheat and still expect it to work!!
Losing excess weight and burning of fat is a simple mathematics sort of thing and what you need to do to lose weight is that you need to burn more calories than you eat. Weight reduction experts and dietitians generally agree that by creating a deficit of about 500 calories each day through any means like combination of eating less or few calories and increase the level of physical activity or by excess exercise alone or by diet alone. So with this after 1 week you will find out that you are 1-2 pounds lighter than you were and your fat has melted away. The combination of diet and weight at the same time is the most effective and most healthy method of losing weight and burning of excess fats.
But how or where do we start? Here are a few steps that might help you to lose weight fast :
- Step 1 : Calculate BMR – Calculate your resting energy needs. (Basal Metabolic Rate). For Men it is (weight in lbs x 11) and for Females it is (weight in lbs x 10).
- Step 2 : Calculate your Total Daily Energy Expenditure (TDEE) . Determine how many calories you need to maintain your current weight. Sedentary Require (1.2 x BMR); Moderate Activity Require (1.5 x BMR) and High Activity (1.7 x BMR).
- Step 3 : Estimate Calories. Estimate how many calories do you need to lose weight. Sustainable Weight Loss = (TDEE x 0.85) & Aggressive Weight Loss = (TDEE x 0.80).
- Step 4 : Calorie Burn. Increase Calorie Burn. Lift Weights 2-3 times a weeks. Also add high intensity training 2-3 times a week.
- Step 5 : Eat This. Eat more of foods such as vegetables, protein rich food, high fibre foods and water.
- Step 6 : Skip This. Eat less of foods such as added sugars, refined grains, processed foods, empty calories and sugar sweetened beverages.
- Step 7 : Track Food Intake. Down an app for easy food tracking or if you like to jot down things, get a new diary for food entry.
- Step 8 : Count Your Macros. A food app can help you track how many grams of carbs, protein and fat are you eating.
- Step 9 : Stay Motivated. Stay Positive. Remember why you started to lose weight in the first place. Get enough sleep.
- Stay 10 : Be consistent. Stick to it for at-least 21 days.
Keep at it and you will reap the benefits. Consistency is key.