Weight-loss supplements typically fall into one of four categories depending on their hypothesized mechanism for reducing weight or changing body composition: products that block the absorption of fat or carbohydrate,
thus decreasing the amount of energy absorbed from food; stimulants that increase metabolism; products hypothesized to alter nutrient partitioning, thus changing body composition by decreasing body fat while increasing lean tissue; and products that suppress appetite or increase satiety so that less energy is consumed.
Here are some of the best supplements for weight loss :
- Matcha Green Tea – Increases thermogenesis (body’s rate of burning calories) from 8-10% to 35-43% of daily energy expenditure.
- Apple Cider Vinegar – Improves metabolism, reduces fat storage and suppresses appetite.
- Ginger Root Extract – Increase fat breakdown by blocking fat absorption.
- Probiotics – Release of GLP-1, a appetite reducing hormone that helps you burn calories and fat.
- Cinnamon Extracts – Help you build lean muscle and decrease body fat.
- Protein Powder – Increases metabolic rate.
- Glutamine – Helps you burn more calories throughout the day.
- Fish Oil – Stimulate enzymes that initiate the fat burning process in cells.
- Vitamin D – Helps your body determine whether to burn or store fat.
- Vitamin B12 – Convert food into energy instead of fat.
A number of supplements such as green tea, fiber, and low-fat dairy products may complement a healthy lifestyle to prevent weight gain over time. Visit your doctor today to understand which weight loss supplement is best for you.