Remedies for Sinus Infection
Congestion from colds or allergies provides a breeding ground for viruses and bacteria, which can lead to sinusitis. The dead giveaway that you’re dealing with sinusitis, however, is a heavy feeling of pressure in your face. You can also blame sinusitis for a pounding headache that gets worse when you lean over, a toothache, and green or gray nasal drainage and postnasal drip.
Here are some of the natural remedies for sinus infection :
- Apple Cider Vinegar – This vinegar is said to be really effective in treating sinusitis. What you need to do is mix it with warm water and honey. You may drink it or inhale steamy vapours.
- Steam Vapours – Breathing in steam vapours is said to be an effective solution when it comes to loosening the mucus found in your nasal passages.
- Grapefruit Seed Extract – The liquid form of this extract is one of the most effective home remedies for sinus infection because you can just simply drop this into your nose to get rid of the problem.
- Ginger Compress – Boil ginger root and let it simmer 15 minutes. Cover our face with your washcloth as this can help you obtain quick relief from nasal drainage and sinus infection.
- Increase Water Intake – Drinking a substantial amount of water is a huge help in curing sinusitis because it helps in hydrating your body, thereby reducing the blockage in your sinuses.
- Tea Leaves – A popular sinus infection home remedies because aside from their effectiveness in curing the conditions, they are also very easy to use. All you need is the leaves in the hot kettle, then pour.
- Sea Water – What you need to do is mix normal warm water and the sea water together and gradually pour this into any of your nostrils. You have to wait until the mixture comes out of your other nostril.
- Carrot Juice – Drinking this juice on a daily basis for a period of atlas one month can help in treating sinusitis. In order to get the best results out of this solution, you should consider drinking it in the morning.
- Eucalyptus – It is effective in curing common colds and sore throats. You can also expect its antiseptic properties to help in warding off inflammation that tends to swell in your nasal cavities. What you need to do with eucalyptus is to prepare tea out of its leaves and drink it.