Have you ever wondered if your poop looked “normal,” but were too embarrassed to ask anyone else what their poop looks like? Poop is an important part of health and affects your beauty, as everything in your body works as an interrelated system.
Here is a guide to your poop type and what is says :
- Separate, Hard Lumps – You’re constipated. It’s probably dehydration, stress, or a magnesium deficiency. It may be a thyroid issue. You can fix it by drinking plenty of water and take a magnesium supplement.
- Lumpy, dry, sausage shaped – You are mildly constipated. Drink water and take some magnesium. Eat a plate full of salad greens at every meal. Eat healthy, high fat foods, like egg, avocado or salmon.
- Solid, sausage shaped, with cracks on the surface – None. Your poop is in the green zone, and odds are your gut is in good shape too. If you are pooping less frequently than you’d like, drink more water and eat more healthy fats.
- Smooth, like a soft sausage or snake – None. This is right where you want to be, it’s a sign of strong digestion and a good diet. Well Done. You’ve reached pooping perfection.
- Soft Blobs with defined edges – Not enough fibre. Maybe not enough good gut bacteria. Eat more veggies. Slowly add resistant starch, like green banana flour or raw potato starch.
- Mushy, with ragged edges – Inflammation, possibly from leaky gut or eating a suspect food. Eliminate grains, seeds, legumes, gluten and alcohol. Eat sweet potato, carrots and asparagus. Experiment with fermented foods. Take collagen daily.
- Liquid diarrhoea – Severe inflammation. If this happens regularly, it’s probably gut imbalance, leaky gut, and maybe IBS or Crohn’s disease. Get your thyroid hormones checked. Take activated charcoal.