The only thing stopping you from reaching your goals and dreams are your limits. It’s when you meet your limits that you feel resistance and things you want seem harder to achieve. Whether it is fear, doubt, physical abilities or some other mental block, it can present a huge barrier to getting what you want.
Unfortunately most people can’t work past their limits and give up. So how far you get in reaching your dreams is very dependent on how good you are at overcoming this obstacle. Fail to push past your limits and you’ll leave your dreams unrealized. Work through them and you can make any dream or goal a reality.
Here are a few ways in which you can push your limits :
- Face your fears – make a list of the things you’re really afraid of – all of them. Start small and take on each of these fears one at a time. Celebrate your successes and enlist the help of a professional if needed.
- Quit trying to be perfect – Stop focusing so much time and energy on presenting a perfect image. You’ve imposed these ridiculously high standards on yourself, break this illusion of perfection. People will accept you for who you are.
- Get a partner – Two heads are better than one. You may work well on your own, but some endeavours just can’t be accomplished without a partner. having someone who shares your successes (and failures) can provide you with a feeling of security that will allow you to take the risks you fear most which often reap the greatest rewards.
- Learn to let go – Don’t let a fear of the unknown keep you from achieving success. Let go of your expectations and take measures risks. The trick is to gamble with the things you are willing to lose. Taking a few losses will teach you something about these things on how to improve them so that they no longer carry as much of a risk.
- Make new friends – You and your friends likely share many things in common. Great, now go out and make new friends who challenge you by bringing out your more adventurous side. Choose the company of people who are more daring and require you to be open-minded.
- Visualise success – Allot a few minutes of your day – everyday – to envisioning what your personal success looks like, and remember to be detailed. Visualising your success will allow your mind to become more open to taking the risks associated with it. Go for it, take the time to dream and dream BIG.