Herbal First Aid
Despite our best attempts to live a healthy and toxin free life, there are times when illness or injury strike. In some of these cases (like trauma) conventional medical treatment is certainly warranted and I’m certainly grateful that medical treatment is available if needed.
But what about the times when the illness or injury is not life threatening, but merely uncomfortable or limiting? While our first instinct may be to get medication to mediate symptoms, there are often natural remedies that don’t interfere with the body’s own immune responses and which can help ease uncomfortable symptoms.
Here is a list of herbal must haves :
- Calendula – For cuts and scrapes, minor burns & inflamed rashes.
- Chamomile – For calming, indigestion, wounds & rashes.
- Fennel Seeds – For indigestion, gas, bloating & increase breast milk.
- Ginger Root – For nausea, vomiting & menstrual cramps.
- Lavender – For stress, anxiety, sleep, minor burns & cold sores.
- Lemon Balm – For restlessness, irritability, indigestion & sleep.
- Marshmallow Root – For mouth & throat sores, heartburn, cough & indigestion.
- Oatmeal – For itchy rashes, anxiety, sleep & stress.
- Peppermint – For nausea, gas, indigestion & congestion.
- Red Raspberry Leaf – For uterine tonic, pregnancy nausea & diarrhoea.
- Stinging Nettle – Rich in Iron, for seasonal allergies & water retention.
- Yarrow – For wounds, antibacterial & antifungal.