I Am Proud To Share I Feel Strongly

on

You should not be ashamed of your emotions. You shouldn’t feel like you can’t be upset when your partner makes a hurtful remark because you’re overreacting. You should not feel obligated to be angry at your partner before you become an official couple because they owe you nothing.

Your feelings are valid. You shouldn’t feel bad about whatever you’re going through because your emotions are beyond your control. However, you have complete control over your actions.

You can express your rage by cursing and yelling, or you can give yourself time to calm down before engaging in a mature conversation with the person who has upset you. You can deal with your grief by isolating yourself and vowing never to love again — or by analysing your feelings and devising a solution.

Remember, it’s okay to be upset. You have the right to be angry. You are permitted to be an emotional wreck. But you’re not allowed to lash out at the people you care about the most. You are not permitted to disrespect them and blame it on some other outside force rather than accepting responsibility for your actions.

Of course, while your actions are always completely within your control, your emotions are much more difficult to manage. You can’t make your jealousy or heartache go away just because you don’t want to feel that way. Stuffing your emotions deep down your chest may work for now, but it will eventually backfire on you.

Pretending to be heartless is unhealthy. Acting as if you don’t care about anyone but yourself isn’t going to help you. It will only lead to more problems in the future.

You must begin to give yourself permission to feel your emotions, even the most unpleasant ones, especially the most unpleasant ones. Stop blaming yourself for caring too much, for becoming overly attached, for creating something out of nothing. If it bothers you, it’s not nothing. It’s critical. It should not be overlooked.

Even if you believe your emotions are exaggerated or unimportant, you should express them to the people you care about the most. You shouldn’t hide parts of yourself because you’re afraid of coming on too strong and scaring them away.

Anyone who tells you that you can’t feel a certain way is doing you a disservice. They are preventing you from being your most genuine self.

If you need some inspiration for being your authentic self, read my post on how to be okay in your authentic self – Opening Up Isn’t Easy

If they are the right person for you, they will pay attention to what you have to say. They’ll be overjoyed that you’ve entrusted them with your most private thoughts. They will never accuse you of being too clingy, needy, or irritating. They will be there for you regardless of how you are feeling.

You should never be ashamed of your strong, unshakeable emotions. You should be proud of your compassionate heart. You should be pleased with how much excitement you can experience at once. Your emotional strength is a strength, not a weakness.

1. Those are some thoughts to live by, thanks for sharing 🌻😊

Glad you liked the thoughts expressed in the post.

2. Destiny says:

Indeed, very true . Owning emotions are always best. Thanks for the interesting and enlightening share🙏🤍

Most welcome. Glad you agree

3. Great depth regarding emotions and yet just the tip of the iceberg.

Exactly it’s just the tip of the iceberg.

4. Lori says:

Found someone to talk to recently (new therapist) about feelings I needed to express. Was told I have too rigid a sense of right and wrong and analyze too much. I need to be more flexible in my ‘right’ and ‘wrong’ especially with myself, because I hold myself to too high of standards (so I was told). I’m not sure I agree, but I do believe in facing my own flaws. So, not sure what to do with this information and/or if she’s the right person to express my thoughts and feelings to. I’m usually not afraid to express how I feel, but sometimes it can get me into trouble. 🤷‍♀️😏

Every feeling, every thought, everything in life has its pros and cons. As long as you are not hurting your mental and physical health, we are allowed to be who we are. What do you think?

5. “You should never be ashamed of your strong, unshakeable emotions.” This quote nailed it. No one, ever, ever, ever, ever (do you understand how important this is) should be ashamed of being a human being with emotions and the capacity to express themselves. Thank you for your kind reminder!

I am so glad you resonate with owning your energy. Thank you for reading my post.

6. BJW says:

God blessed us with emotions. Yet, as you say, we can’t control our emotions, but how we react or what you do with your emotions (i.e., actions) is within our control. For example, anger isn’t bad, it’s a natural emotion. So it’s okay to be angry, but when we are angry we’re not to sin (see Ephesians 4:26).

Beautiful, thank you for sharing!