Listen To Your Emotions

The trick in dealing with big, powerful, or troubling emotional states is to understand first that emotions are always true(about something), but they’re not always right. Here is a list of emotions that you should look out for. See what they are telling you.

1. Bitterness shows you where you need to heal, where you’re still holding judgements on others and yourself.
  2. Resentment shows you where you’re living in the past and not allowing the present to be as it is.
  3. Discomfort shows you that you need to pay attention right now to what is happening, because you’re being given the opportunity to change, to do something different than you typically do it.
  4. Anger shows you what you’re passionate about, where your boundaries are, and what you believe needs to change about the world.
  5. Disappointment shows you that you tried for something, that you did not give in to apathy, that you still care.
  6. Guilt shows you that you’re still living life in other people’s expectations of what you should do.
  7. Shame shows you that you’re internalizing other people’s beliefs about who you should be and that you need to reconnect with yourself.
  8. Anxiety shows you that you need to wake up, right now, and that you need to be present, that you’re stuck in the past and living in fear of the future.
  9. Sadness shows you the depth of your feelings, the depth of your care for others and this world.

Do you agree with these meanings?

1. #7 especially rings true for me. Great list and positive perspective throughout. Thank you for sharing this.

1. Thank you for liking it. I am glad you found it useful. Our minds are virgin at all times. It is very important to let only the purest of intentions and thought to be internalised. Because we become our thoughts….

2. I agree so much so that I read it multiple times.

1. Oh..thank you. I am so glad you like my reading. Gratitude to you. Thank you again.

1. Your posts fill me up with so much energy and drive to reflect on my mental state and emotions and change what I don’t like. So thank you!

2. Oh thank you Kristina. My soul of my blog is to spread good energy to anyone who reads it. Thank you so much for liking my posts so much.

3. Shalini Garg says:

Awesome post, couldn’t have agreed more. Thank you.

1. Thank you Shalini. I am glad you liked it. Thank you for coming back to my blog. I am looking forward to more of your comments on my posts. Gratitude.

1. Shalini Garg says:

I love your inspirational posts.

2. Thank you Ma’am. Gratitude.

4. verlie12 says:

I really like this. A great deal of food for our thoughts. Thanks for stirring us to think.

Sent from my iPad

1. You are most welcome. Thank you for stopping by my blog. Do visit again.

5. This is so important!❤️ Thanks for writing this wonderful post.

1. Your are most welcome Shubhangi. I am so glad you liked it. Thank you for stopping by my blog. Do visit again.

6. myspace says:

Amazing… Put me into thinking… I will be reading and rereading it for many more times….

1. I am glad this posts was helpful :). Sending loads of divine love and light your way.

7. rashu2015 says:

Wonderful post! They seem very relevant. Thanks for sharing.

1. Thank you. I am glad you liked. Please do come back for more inspiration.

1. rashu2015 says:

Thanks… sure will be there for more inspiration.

8. Interesting.

I have to listen to emotions in more ways than one.

My emotions, the emotions the characters in my book have, and the musical theatre character emotions. After all, I am waiting a book and am a musical theatre fanatic- so have those emotions as well- ones that are not my own.

1. Oh that is amazing. How’s the writing coming along?

1. It is my first book- a children’s fantasy.

My Fairy Frogs book has no title yet.

I have already finished my 2nd draft. Just on a writing break- I do have some snippets on my blog of the book.

2. This is so exciting Meg. I look forward to reading it someday :):)

3. Sparkle, a 12-year-old Fairy Frog, befriends Marge, a 12-year-old toad. Sparkle starts a cycle of friendship with this toad when the two of them try to see with all of the fairy frogs can befriend all the toads. What happens when Sarge, Marge’s cousin tries to stop both friendships?

9. noah jamilu says:

Wao! What a revelation..Thanks for sharing..

10. Dragthepen says:

Yes. To all of them.

1. Glad you liked it. :):)

11. I agree with your list. It looks like your list took a more deeper research and thought about the different emotions and decisions we need to consider to respond to that emotion. Very cool! 🙂 And of course, I was several numbers on that list, now that I think about it. Awesome post! 🙂

1. Thank you Shakiya. I am glad you liked the list. Do come back for again for more inspiration.

1. Apologies for my late reply back to you. Yes, I come back on this site for inspiration as well as I give inspiration back to others on my site as well. When I have my sad days and times, that means I need to read what others have to say and get encouragement from their powerful messages. Those messages and all of that inspiration gave me that boost to finally complete my poetry/story book that is uploaded on Amazon: “That P.U.S.H. I Needed”. I wrote from my spirit; the uplifting words that were planted onto my heart. 🙂

2. Thank you. I am glad you get inspired by my posts. Sending divine light and love your way.

12. natcat1818 says:

I agree these are spot on!! Well done!! 😉

1. Thank you!! Glad you liked it !

13. inhiscare753 says:

Great Post! Very Well Written, informative. Characteristics highlighted!
    Yonnie💜
    InHisCare🙏

1. Thank you Yonnie. I am glad you liked it!!

1. inhiscare753 says:

Indeed, a pleasure!
        Yonnie💜

14. Sadness shows you the depth of your feelings, the depth of your longing for Empress2inspire

1. Yes it does. Isn’t it beautiful, out emotions.

15. Alex Rotuna says:

Thank you for writing this. Very inspiring. Especially the last part about sadness. And the first ones are good eye openers

1. I am glad you resonated with my thoughts on this post.

16. akvanschie says:

To the point, can see myself in there. Great way to reflect on emotions!

17. Shari says:

Anxiety can be the result of not responding to discomfort

1. Ah yes indeed. Self reflection can help us deal with the uncomfortable emotions and delay anxiety.

18. “Disappointment shows you that you tried for something, that you did not give in to apathy, that you still care.“

Ah thanks for this reminder. Hugs and hugs.

1. People go to great lengths to avoid allowing themselves to feel sadness. But I like to think of sadness as a kind of honouring process. We honour how much something meant to us when we let the ripples of sadness flow through our body… whether in a temporary pouting kind of way, or in a take several days or weeks to full-out sob when we experience a more significant loss in our lives.

And it’s true… you can feel it to heal it. If you let yourself lean into your emotional processing of sadness, it will one day flow through you and you can heal your way to the bottom of it. Allowing yourself to fully experience sadness will only make you a stronger and more resilient person.

19. Awesome post. I needed this

1. They speak to us in so many ways, but most of us are too distracted or too hurt by past un-felt emotions to really stop and listen. We miss the opportunity to start feeling, which is the only way to start the healing.

20. Reblogged this on Rebecca O'Hearn and commented:
    I totally agree!

1. Thank you again!! I am glad you are appreciating the posts so much!!

21. Holly Troy says:

These feel spot on to me! Printing this list and pasting it to the inside cover of my journal – thanks!

1. Feeling Better Is Always One Good Feeling Away. If you want to begin to manage your emotions and move up the Emotional Guidance Scale immediately, focus your attention on your thoughts. … If you are in a state of depression, climbing to a feeling of guilt is an improvement. Glad you liked them.

22. msw blog says:

Great definition/awareness to our various emotions. You and your readers may enjoy this post on the topic.

1. Thank you for the link.