An apple a day keeps the doctor away, but only a dose of positive affirmations can keep your energy and confidence high throughout the day. The idea of an affirmation is to change the way we think over a period of time. Remember that it took however many years old you are to get you to think the way you do. It is going to take time to reprogram your mind to think positive things about yourself and then believe them. The important thing is to find out what you think negative about yourself and then rewrite it so it is in the form of a positive statement instead of a negative one.
Here are top affirmations for boosting your confidence. Even if you are a confident person, use them and then see the changes in your life.
- I trust myself, I believe in me and I have confidence in myself.
- I am superior to negative thoughts and actions.
- I am talented and intelligent.
- I am thankful for all that I have.
- I am courageous and I stand up for myself.
- I am doing my best.
- I can achieve anything I set my mind to.
- I am in control.
- I am worthy.
- I am beautiful.
- I accept myself just as I am.
- I am brave, I am bold, I am strong.
- I am enough.
- I am excited about today.
- I am in control of my thoughts, feelings and choices.
- I choose to be happy and to love myself today.
- Today is going to be a great day.
- I have the power to create change.
- I am taking steps to make my dreams a reality.
- My possibilities are endless.
- I am unique.
- I will not compare myself to strangers on the internet.
- I am proud of myself and all that I have accomplished.
- I am blessed with a wonderful family & amazing friends.
- I deserve the best and I accept the best.
Be positive! Remember, you are trying to turn the NEGATIVE into POSITIVE. One idea is to write down your negative thought and then write the complete opposite using the above guidelines as you do. Retraining your brain or your body is not easy, but keep it positive. It’s not important if you dont’ believe it right away. It’s not likely you will, but over time it will begin to replace the negative tape that runs through your mind. Be positive.