Relax Take A Break

Life can be busy and, at times, stressful. When the stress starts to build, do yourself a favour and give yourself a break! Getting stressed out can happen anywhere: at work, home or while busy running your kids to their activities and doing errands. When life starts to get you down, take some you-time with these quick activities to clear your head and get you back on track.

But I don’t have time, I hear you say. No problem. Here are some activities you can do to relax and take a break depending upon the time you have.

Activities for “I don’t have that much time”

• Sip Hot Drinks
  • Eat Comforting Snacks
  • Try New Foods
  • Light a Candle
  • Savour Smells of Coffee and Tea
  • Browse GIFs
  • Watch Nature Videos
  • Look at Old Pictures
  • Wear Soft Clothes
  • Hold a Warm Mug
  • Pet a Dog or Cat
  • Listen to a Meditation
  • Take Deep Breaths
  • Make a Playlist

Activities for “I have all the time in the world”

• Make and Eat a New Dish
  • Savour a Solo Meal at a Restaurant
  • Take a Bath with Scented Soap
  • Visit the Library & Smell Old Books
  • Buy Herbs or Lavender
  • Curl Up with a Good Book
  • Watch a Sunrise or Sunset
  • See an Art Exhibit
  • Get a Massage
  • Take a Yoga Class
  • Go for a Walk & Touch Leaves or Plants
  • Take a Walk without Headphones
  • Go to a Concert
  • Call a Supportive Partner, Friend, Family.

So how much time do you have? Do you think taking mental health breaks are important?

Reference : https://www.instagram.com/p/Bxkd2N8DVXL/

1. Gonzov krik iz getribe autizma says:

…ride a bike. Trust me it works.

Ah I wish we had the safe space to do that. But thank you for sharing a good point. Study after study has shown that regular physical activity helps prevent or relieve stress, anxiety and depression. One study focused on people with depression that was being treated with antidepressants. After pedaling a stationary bike for just 15 minutes, their level of cortisol, a stress hormone, declined.

1. Gonzov krik iz getribe autizma says:

And world was a happier place๐Ÿ™‚

2. Mental health breaks are so important. I try to work in self-care into my morning routine and throughout the day to de-stress. Drinking coconut water helps me stay hydrated and stay energized!

Self care routine indeed help a lot. Affirmations and listening to relaxing music helps me clear my head too. Taking a mental break from work and spending some time on self-care can sometimes give you the mini-break you need to head back into things with a clear head.

2. Absolutely true!! Self care is my thing for stress days

๐Ÿ™Œ๐Ÿผ๐Ÿ™Œ๐Ÿผ

3. Mrs ESTJ says:

Some good ideas here especially if you haven’t got time out for a long break.

If you feel overwhelmed, stressed, have trouble focusing or concentrating on work or at home, or are more irritable, then you may want to consider taking a mental health day. If you think about your life as a plate with sections for work, family, life, and things you like to do, and the plate is overflowing in all areas but the things you like to do, it is time for you to take a break and participate in self-care. Glad you liked the post. Thank you for stopping by.

1. Mrs ESTJ says:

I like the plate visualisation. Thanks.

You often hear the words meditation and visualization used interchangeably, but theyโ€™re really not the same thing. Meditation and visualization affect the brain and body in completely different ways.

4. Yes, they are very important.

Glad you agree. It can be all too easy to convince yourself that poor mental health isnโ€™t a good enough reason to take time off work. If youโ€™re physically able to work, why not go in and get paid? But remember that your mental health is just as important to your overall well-being as your physical health. Just like any bout of illness or bodily distress, your mind needs time to rest and recover.

1. I have even begun to talk to a counselor once a month to keep everything going well. It helps with not allowing things to build up and become stressful.

That is great. It is important to seek help. I am glad you are doing it.

5. I have been taking time to relax over episodes of archaeological digs. Somehow this engages my mind and relaxes me.

Wow that’s so cool. Way to Go!!

2. Iโ€™ve heard about this, Iโ€™m planning on trying that soon

๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿผ๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿผ

6. the77snk says:

I think mental health breaks are very important. I have experienced mental illness and therefore find your list a good reminder of things to do for increasing my mental state. Some of them I actually already do. It wouldn’t have prevented my disorder, but it helps to give some relief. Not just for the mentally ill…

The important thing is to do what makes you feel good, not what you think you should be doing. Once you take your first mental health day, itโ€™ll only be easier to take them in the future and not feel guilty about it. The goal is not to get out of work; itโ€™s to heal your mind so you can return feeling more relaxed, positive, and ready for a productive day. Mental health days are necessary for healthy, happy employees and a better workplace overall.

7. iamvhardik says:

Agree with your list. Talking and walking I feel are the biggest stress busters.

Hi Hardik, I agree. Just like any other cardiovascular activity, brisk walking also boosts the production of stress-busting endorphins. This, in turn, reduces the stress hormones and alleviate any signs of depression. By opting for this regular exercise you can improve your mood and even increase your self-esteem.

8. gpavants says:

Garima,

I love the leaves. Hey, touching leaves reminds me how creative God is. Honestly, yes smelling an old library is awesome. Great stuff!

Thanks,

Gary

Yes Gary, I agree. Being in nature, or even viewing scenes of nature, reduces anger, fear, and stress and increases pleasant feelings. Exposure to nature not only makes you feel better emotionally, it contributes to your physical wellbeing, reducing blood pressure, heart rate, muscle tension, and the production of stress hormones.

1. gpavants says:

I feel so many people in America have adopted the inside sedimentary life-style and missed that. Some have been getting out now after COVID and seeing the benefits. How about India?

In India, the cases are rising as they are opening up the lockdown. Not a good picture right now. Hoping for better days in near future.

9. Absolutely yes. I have tried some of them and been doing that. It works wonders โค

I am glad you take breaks SriCharita. It definitely improves productivity and helps us maintain balance.

10. Dragthepen says:

Love this list.๐ŸŽ‰๐Ÿ’–

Mental health can be a tricky subject. However, to improve your mental health on your own, here are few simple habits to help!

1. Dragthepen says:

Yes. I agree. I have fallen off some good habits, but regained my focus.

Yes breaks do help in a positive way.