Mindfulness is a translation of a word that simply means awareness. It’s a direct, intuitive knowing of what you are doing while you are doing it. It’s knowing what’s going on inside your mind and body, and what’s going on in the outside world as well. There are now thousands of research studies into the uses of mindfulness, and professionals are using mindfulness in Boardrooms, Schools, Prisons, Court rooms and hospitals across the world. Here are few simple things that you can so anytime anywhere to be more mindful.
- Think Breathing : Breathe in, hold for three counts and exhale. Count seven breaths.
- Mindful Drinking : Kick start your body, mix hot water, lemon and cayenne pepper. Taste it.
- Do one thing at a time : When eating, just eat, wen checking emails, just check emails.
- Notice you senses : What are two things you can taste, touch, smell, hear, right now?
- Deep listening : Listen completely and contemplate your response.
- Mindful Eating : Turn of all distractions, explore the textures, flavors and temperature.
- Mindful Walking : Feel your feet connecting with the ground.
- Body Scan time : Bring your attention to your body, send the breath to any areas of tension.
Arent they all simple and doable? Start with one or two exercise everyday and see the change in yourself. Let me know your thoughts. Leave us a comment.