Emotions – Deal with IT!

Emotions can have an important influence on physical health, and it is critical to deal effectively with the feelings that accompany the everyday ups and downs of life. As a personal growth enthusiast, I have given a lot of thought to how to lead a healthier life by managing your emotions. Here are some of my thoughts

1. Give Yourself Permission : You are free to feel what you feel. You might try to talk yourself out of your feelings, because you feel like you “shouldn’t” have them. Thank yourself for the input, and then just go ahead and feel the way you do.
  2. Stop Judging Them : Rather than thinking of your emotions as “good” or “bad”, simply let them be what they are. Emotions aren’t value judgments.
  3. Refrain from reacting : When your feelings are strong, just be with them. Once, they’ve subsided, you’ll be in a position to take rational action.

Do you these are good? Leave me a comment.

1. Nice one. I’ve dealt with my feelings: https://freedmancollege.org/2019/02/23/bullshit/ Better now. א

2. Tee says:

I agree. Some people might think being sad and upset is not a good thing to have; and that only positive ones should be allowed. Yet it is essential to welcome different emotions. We learn to get awareness of it and learn about ourselves with our own emotions 🙂

1. Intense emotions and spiritual awakening go hand in hand. Unfortunately, its common for us to believe that if we are emotional, triggered or having a full blown breakdown that somehow we’re doing it wrong, and that’s not the case. Awakening is messy. Its a surge of pretty much every powerful negative emotion and trauma we’ve ever felt, so at times it can feel like we’re getting slooshed around in the washing machine, getting sudsed up and gasping for air. Not much fun. But don’t worry, I’ve created a free 5-day course that can help you to clear that negative emotion quickly and easily when it comes up, and help you to feel more calm and stable throughout your awakening too.

3. Yes I didn’t realize till this day that my emotions were hurting me physically. Wow great post

4. gpavants says:

Hello Ms. G,

My students did a film project with the movie, Inside Out. They had to create an emotion soundtrack and see if it did elicit the emotion from the listener. Here is the link to one I made. Tell me what you think. Did these songs make you sad?

Thanks for you series on emotions. Emotional health is often overlooked and is so important to manage.

Thanks,

Gary

1. Thank you Garry. I will check the music out!!!

1. gpavants says:

You bet. Enjoy the Sadness experience.

5. Yes, giving oneself permission to simply feel the emotions without necessarily turning them into actions can be helpful in and of itself. Nicely written!

1. The reality is that you cannot selectively numb emotions. Using negative behaviors to avoid your feelings may help you experience less sadness and anger, but they also stop you from feeling happiness and joy. Part of the amazing thing about being human is that we are able to have a range of emotions. Experiencing sadness and hurt is part of what makes it so incredible to feel joy and happiness.

Think of your feelings as waves in the ocean. They come and go, rise and fall. No feeling lasts forever; anger and sadness are necessary, helpful parts of the human experience. Additionally, all of our emotions contain gifts and help us grow as people.

6. I couldn’t agree more. My mum has always said to me “Change can be good; change can be bad. But, most often, change simply is.” I like to think The same thing applies to our emotions. They are what they are 😊

1. As I was growing up, I learned that it was possible to experience a variety of feelings on a daily basis. Sometimes I would feel happiness and excitement, while at other times I would feel sadness or frustration. I did not know how to understand my feelings; I only knew that I felt something inside. For the most part, my outward circumstances determined my inward feelings. When my circumstances were great, I felt great on the inside. However, if things were lousy on the outside, there was usually sadness on the inside.

1. Thank you. Glad you liked it !!

7. I think that is the perfect way to deal with emotions. There is nothing to be ashamed about and emotions need to be processed. Feeling is a message and it shouldn’t be ignored.

1. Here’s what the recent generation of emotion researchers have uncovered: On their own, negative emotions are neither good nor bad. Emotions provide information. The problem is when they hinder important life goals, or when people exert their finite time and energy to get rid of these emotions so that fewer resources are available to invest in more meaningful pursuits.
      Thank you for sharing your thoughts. It is always nice to see your message on my posts.

1. राधा says:

जी आपका शुभ नाम यदि आपको कोई आपत्ति न हो ?
        हरे कृष्णा पढकर अति प्रसन्नता हुई ।

2. राधा says:

जी धन्यवाद

3. राधा says:

Hello Jai shri Radhe. Good Morning

8. msw blog says:

Number one is crucial. I often tell my “Clients live in the emotion for a moment, how does your body feel, what’s your mind doing…”

1. It’s okay to feel things, and to feel them deeply. To cry at the end of your favorite movie, to smile ear-to-ear when your crush texts you, or to close your eyes, lean your head back, and just bask in the sun. It’s okay to feel excitement, to feel loneliness, to feel fear. To feel anxiety, indecision, unexpected calm. It’s okay to feel pain, to let it soak into your pores, into each delicate cell of your skin. Allowing yourself to feel doesn’t mean you’re weak. Rather, it opens you. It makes you human.

1. msw blog says:

I couldn’t said it any better 🙂

2. Glad you liked 🙂