Really, the only way to live the life you want is to focus it. And the only way to focus your life is to determine its purpose. Nothing else matters until you do so. Nothing. Until you figure out what you want and how you are going to get it- you are merely floating. Floating down a river that is directed by the desires and actions of everyone and everything else around you. Here are certain ways in which you can focus and increase your productivity.
- Silence your phone.
- Block out background browser tabs/notifications.
- Mute your Gmail with inbox pause.
- Clean your desk.
- Write distractions down for later.
- Save articles & videos in Pocket.
- Take regular breaks.
- Work in varied environments, coffee shops, parks etc.
- Sit by a window.
- Smell something pleasant, like lemons or lavender.
- Set the thermostat for 70-77 degrees.
- Go for a walk.
- Get plenty of sleep, exercise, & healthy food.
- Buy plants.
- Listen to ambient music.
- Look at photos of nature or cute animals.
Once you reach a certain point in life, once you achieve a certain level of self-awareness, you really only have two options: figure out the overall purpose to your life and start to fulfill it, or create a fog around your life to avoid the pain of not knowing its purpose. Did you like the list? Leave me a comment. Thank you.