In our religious scriptures it has been advised to get up before sunrise.’ However, nowadays, we have a bad habit of getting up late in the morning because they are awake till late at night due to constant digital distractions. Staying awake till late at night is bad for health. On the contrary, it is said that ‘early to bed and early to rise makes a man healthy wealthy and wise.’ It means that one who sleeps early and wakes up early is blessed with long life, good health and becomes wealthy.’
Here are few benefits of waking up early, which if followed can help you be successful in life.
- There are less distractions in the morning. A typical day can get crazy, fast. When everyone else is sleeping, it’s easier to focus.
- Exercise gets your blood pumping. Finding time for exercise can make you more productive, yet it’s easy to squeeze out of your schedule. Knock it out first thing in the morning and start the day ready to take on the world.
- Successful people are already doing it. Successful people have limited time in their day to accomplish tasks and take personal time, which is why they get an early start.
- You’ll be more productive. A 2008 study discovered that morning people are more proactive. A proactive attitude leads to increased productivity, since you’re not waiting for someone to prod you along.
- You will have time for breakfast. A survey from Harvard School of Public Health found skipping out on breakfast may increase coronary heart disease risk – making a good breakfast more important than you might think.
- You’ll be happier. Research has shown morning people tend to be happier and healthier. Considering the well-documented link between happiness and work performance, it’s easy to see why happier early birds often find themselves flying higher than their late-rising counterparts.
Have you tried to have a long lasting early morning routine? Have you encountered either of these two challenges? I’d love to hear your thoughts and experiences with your morning routine.