While most people would argue having a life you love will make you happy, I would argue that happiness will help you to create a life you love. Think about it. Be happy = manifest more in your world to be happy about. Be unhappy = manifest more in your world to be unhappy about. Easy peasy. What? Not so easy? Yes, staying happy is a constant effort. Notice I didn’t say it’s a struggle… it’s not. But we do have to stay conscious about it and continue to do what it takes to “keep the happy”. And what does it take? Here are a few things you can try to stay happy :
- Be Grateful : Take 5 minutes every morning to write down or declare what you are thankful for!
- Forgive : Is there anyone you haven’t forgiven, even yourself? Then forgive them.
- Encourage Others : Look for the good in friends, family, and co-workers, and encourage them.
- Use Positive Words : Choose to use life-giving words towards others and even for yourself!
- Be Intentional With Your Time : Eliminate time-wasting activities and prioritize time for yourself and others that are important to you!
- Make a Bucket List : Write down your dreams and new ideas, and then take steps to make these things happen.
- Get Moving : Start doing whatever type of exercise you enjoy and can stick with it.
- Examine your Inner Circle : Spend time with positive people who encourage you and add happiness to your life!
- Get Inspired : Find out what inspires you and include it in your routine.
- Find Your Purpose : Start exploring why you are here on earth, what is your life’s true, deeper purpose?
- Act Now : Write down your goals, and make actual steps and a timeline for how you will accomplish these steps!
- Be the Solution : Focus more on helping others, and find ways to serve. Serving unlocks perspective and contentment.
- Manage Your Wealth : Look at your top 3 goals and align your spending habits with your goals. Keep your spending in check for long-term financial peace!
- Support a Cause : Support missionaries, non-profit organizations or volunteer to serve yourself!
P.S. Staying happy isn’t just reading an article…it’s making real changes in your life. If you are ready for every day to be a happy day, create your dreams, inspire yourself to become the person you were born to be and guidance on staying truly happy.