Negative self-talk is that little voice inside your head telling you that you can’t do it. These self-defeating thoughts are not only inaccurate, they limit your potential. Take control of your negative self-talk, turn it into positive affirmation, and start reaching your goals!
Here are some of the ways in which you can stop the negative self talk and start your day right :
- Start a Morning ritual – Self reiki, compliment yourself, positive set-up for the day, whatever contributes to your general well being.
- Start Small – Don’t try to change a lifetime of negative thinking all at once. Start small. Pay attention to how you view the world in general.
- First thought – Observe you first thought in the morning – is it positive or negative? Think of positive thoughts and affirmations about yourself before sleeping at night and you will be thinking the same things in the morning when you wake up.
- Connect with your Energy – Take the time to connect to universal energy. Your day will be so much better. It does not have to be a long process.
- Values & Beliefs – Write down you values and beliefs on a notepad and keep it near you bed side or work table. Review them every morning. Send some good vibes to those you know to be in need or just ask the universe to direct some energy to where it is needed.
- Triggers – Use some symbols, talismans to change negative thoughts to positive throughout your day.
Remember – just because a thought or image pops in your head quickly, doesn’t mean it is accurate or even realistic. Catch and challenge these pesky automatic thoughts, they are sneaky and quick!