If you’re in desperate need of some motivation, we’re going to fix that problem, right here, right now. Prepare yourself.
Desperate times call for desperate measures. You said you needed motivation. I’m going to do what needs to be done to get your ass in gear. NO EXCUSES. If this isn’t the kind of motivation you need, leave now. You’ve been warned.
Here goes :
- Write Down your “Why’s” – Write down all your reason for wanting to achieve whatever it is you are trying to achieve. Be specific and then keep the list somewhere handy to refer to when you are flagging.
- Set Goals – Set long term goals and then spilt them down into monthly goals. Make sure they are specific, realistic and have timescales. Write your goals down. Split them down again into smaller weekly “to-do”lists.
- Try the “two minute” rule – Set a timer and then make yourself work on a task for two minutes. Chances are you will keep going.
- Plan to do tasks when you are most productive – If you are an early bird, get up earlier to tackle your to-do list. Night owl? Plan what tasks you will do when the people have gone to bed.
- Make Yourself Accountable – Join a support or a mastermind group. get sponsored. Find yourself a “goal buddy” or get a coach. Make a public declaration on social media.
- Try the “Countdown” technique – Countdown from ten and start the task when you get to zero.
- Look after Yourself – You will struggle to be motivated if you aren’t feeling 100%. Eat well, sleep well, exercise, get fresh air, take time for yourself.
Lock yourself in a room with the thing you need to be doing. Don’t leave until you make some progress. Put pen to paper, fingers to keyboard, or axe to the grindstone. Stop looking for external motivation. Stop letting yourself procrastinate.Start going through the motions of making progress. At first it might feel forced, but eventually you’ll get in the groove.