Happiness is something that comes from enjoying the challenges that life throws at you and new confidence will bring you both success and happiness. It is often said that happiness is not a result but enjoying the journey you take towards achieving something. How can you enjoy your life’s journey if you are fearful and negative and lack self confidence? Here are some simple techniques which you can use to improve your self confidence :
1. Learn to Love Yourself – Make a list of things you like about yourself. Complete every sentence with “I Love” like “I love my singing voice”, “I love my patience”, “I love my cooking skills”. Repeat daily.
2. Blow You Own Trumpet – Complete these sentences for yourself
- I like my ______ because __________.
- I am an expert at _____________.
- I feel good about ______________.
- My friends would tell you I am ____________.
- My best personal quality is ___________.
3. Visualise Success – Sit somewhere where you have total quietness. Imagine a situation or event that you have coming up for which you need more confidence. Run through the whole event from your point of view and through your eyes. Do not leave out any details – Imagine what you will be seeing hearing, saying. Capture what you will be feeling. Don’t leave out any of the possible sensations or emotions. Re-run this film in your mind as often as possible before the event.
4. Create A Personal Commercial – Write a 30-60 second speech that highlights your strengths and goals. Recite in front of a mirror whenever you need to boost your confidence.
5. Create A Vision Board – Have fun in creating a vision board of your dreams and goals. You can do this online and use free software to create a board and add music to your images. Create a paper story board with images, photographs, anything that inspires you. Pin somewhere, where you can see it regularly.
Confidence doesn’t come out of nowhere. It’s a result of something, hours and days and weeks and years of constant work and dedication.