Many of us have so many responsibilities in life that we forget to take care of ourselves. And while it’s hard to prioritize something like taking a bath when you have so many other priorities in life, self care is an important aspect of stress management.
There are days when one after the others everything is falling apart by itself and you don’t really understand what is happening. Self care is of utmost importance on these days.
Here are some self care practices for bad days:
- Self – Massage
- Breathing Techniques
- Eat Raw Food
- Unplug by a Certain Hour
- Drink a Glass of Water
- Cleanse your body/face with a wipe.
- Brush your Hair.
- Brush you teeth, or use mouthwash
- Open your blinds/curtains
- Open a Window
- Put on relaxing music
- Watch your favorite film
- Watch a Motivational Ted Talk
- Reach out to a Friend.
- Drink a Warm Drink.
- Change your Clothes
- Put Dirty Clothes in the Laundry Basket
- Colour in or Doodle.
- Stretch your Body
- Make your Bed
- Stroke an Animal
- Do a Brain Dump
- Light a candle/incense or diffuse essential oils.
- Download/use the calm app or headspace.
- Make a Plan to look forward to.
- Write out the positives from your day
Consistency is key. The idea is that the more often you practice the self-care ideas on bad days, the more likely you are to achieve higher functioning days.