Cultivating lasting, loving friendships takes time and effort; however, I cannot impress on you how important the investment in friends is, in both good times and bad. Here are some ways to create and cultivate lasting friendships:
- Set Boundaries – Know what is a big no-no for you and tell your friends that. You have every right to set and assert your boundaries.
- Look for Shared Values – The best friends have close values. embrace differences, but make sure the core way you see that world is similar. The important stuff.
- Don’t Settle for Just Anyone – Part of finding good friends means not settling for someone just because you are lonely. Accept some alone time as a part of making new relationships.
- Walk Away from Toxicity – Sometimes the best friendships form after we walk away from those not good for us. Don’t be afraid to leave those note treating you well.
- Be An Open Book – Good friendships require a certain level of vulnerability. it’s okay to share some of your hurts and fears. Great friends will respect this.
Building a lasting friendship is not easy. If you are authentic and are willing to open yourself up to others, you will find that there are many people who are looking for a good friend. So, if you haven’t already, take the time to invest in friendships. They may be your lifelines one day, and you may be one for them.