Looking for inspiration for a Monday morning, then you have come to the right place. It’s really not that difficult to live an extraordinary life. Most people look at those who are having success around them, and desire the same thing, but end up tossing their dreams in the too-hard-basket. They don’t understand that going from ordinary to extraordinary involves doing just a little bit extra. All you need to concentrate on is doing 10% more than those around you- that little bit extra in the following areas.
The Code of the Extraordinary Mind, a New York Times bestseller, written by Vishen Lakhiani is a blueprint of laws to break us free from the shackles of an ordinary life. It makes a case that everything we know about the world is shaped by conditioning and habit.
Here are few things that people with extraordinary minds do different from his book :
- Transcend the Culturescape – Extraordinary minds are good at seeing the culturescape and are able to selectively choose the rules and conditions to follow vs those to question or ignore. They take the path less traveled and innovate on the idea of what it means to truly live.
- Question to Brules – Extraordinary minds question bullshit rules (“brules”) that should have expired years ago, but still infect our lives, like obtaining a college degree as a marker of success adhering to a single religion, or marrying a certain type of person. Extraordinary minds know how to identify brules and how to live beyond them.
- Practice Consciousness Engineering – Extraordinary minds understand their growth depends on 2 things : the models of reality they have about the world and their systems of living. They carefully curate the most empowering models and systems and frequently update themselves.
- Rewrite Your Models of Reality – There are beliefs ingrained in us since our youth – many of which are disempowering. Extraordinary minds have models of reality that empower them to feel good about themselves and are aligned with their vision.
- Upgrade Your Systems for Living – Extraordinary minds consistently spend time discovering, upgrading, and measuring new systems for living applied to life, work, heart and soul. They are in a perpetual state of growth and self-innovation.
- Bend Reality – Extraordinary minds have bold and exciting visions for the future, yet their happiness isn’t tied to these visions. They’re happy in the now and balance allows them to move forward towards their visions at a much faster rate while having a ton of fun along the way.
- Live in Blissipline – Happiness comes from within. Extraordinary minds embrace happiness in the now, and use it as fuel to drive all their other visions and intentions – for themselves and the world.
- Create a Vision For Your Future – Creating a vision for the future that isn’t based on goals the culturescape suggests we chase. Extraordinary Minds create a vision based on their own end goals – goals that they know are their own determinants of happiness.
- Be Unfuckwithable – No longer feeling the need to seek validation from others, extraordinary minds are so rock solid from within that outside judgements and fear of loss no longer affect them.
- Embrace Your Quest – Extraordinary minds are motivated by a quest or calling – a drive to create some positive change in the world. This drive propels them forward in life and helps them to gain meaning and make a meaningful contribution.
All right to content for the above 10 steps belongs to Vishen Lakhiani. Learn more at www.thecodexmind.com