The challenges to understanding the human brain are immense, and neuroscientists will require powerful technologies to meet them. There are many ways in psychology which enable us to understand our brain better. Here are some that might be of interest to you.
- The Pratfall Effect : Your likability will increase if you aren’t perfect.
- The Pygmalion Effect : Greater expectations drive greater performance.
- The Paradox of Choice : The more choices we have, the less likely we are to be content with our decisions.
- The Bystander Effect : The more people who see someone in need, the less likely that person is to receive help.
- The Spotlight Effect : Your mistakes are not noticed as much as you think.
- The Focusing Effect : People place too much importance on one aspect of an event and fail to recognize other facts.
Going through this list, there are more than a couple effects I suffer from on a daily basis. So which is your common pitfall amongst them? Let me know your thoughts in the comments section below.