Regardless of your career level, there is always room for improvement. Often the focus tends to be on obstacles rather than strategies. There are numerous things you can do to improve yourself starting with setting goals and developing a plan of action that includes professional development, physical fitness, and even getting a little creative. The following are some possibilities to try:
- Read Books : It’s like having the best advice from mentors throughout history on demand.
- Listen to Podcasts : Fill in the gaps of your life with educational audio. I use a bluetooth shower speaker.
- Take a Course : There’s free info online, but a quality course brings it all together and save you time.
- Practice Old Passions : Take a break or go on a sabbatical. Revisit the things you enjoy but don’t normally do.
- Get Feedback & Critique : Skip the compliment sandwiches. Seek feedback from trusted people and get straight to the meat.
- Work Towards A Goal : Commit to daily practice. Do one small thing every day that will get you a little bit closer.
- Be Open To Change : To improve yourself, you must change, if you aren’t willing to change, it’s hard to move forward.
- Get Around Community : Your mom was right all along. You become like the people you spend the most time with.
According to Jack Canfield, You only have control over three things in your life : the thoughts you think, the images you visualize, and the actions you take (your behavior). How you use these three things determines everything you experience. Why not take that advice, think positively, and try some of the above tips. They can all contribute to improving yourself and your career. At the very least, they can be interesting to try if you haven’t already!