Ever say to yourself, “If I could just figure out what I’m really passionate about, everything else will take off”? If so, you’re not alone. One of the most common stumbling blocks to launching a passion-based life is figuring out what you’re passionate about in the first place. Sadly, many of us go about finding our passion in the wrong way. How? By thinking about it. We’re habituated to use our minds to analyze, rationalize and figure things out. It’s natural yet oooooh so torture some. Here are few questions to ask your while trying to find your passion :
- What interests do you have? Taking a look at what interests you have outside the work is a great start to finding out what you are passionate about. Think about what you like to do, any hobbies you have, or anything you immerse yourself in.
- Is there one thing you love to do? Is there any pastime you want to consistently do? If you have free time and there is one activity that you always want to try and fit in, then maybe your subconscious is telling you something.
- What do you read about? If you are a reader is there one topic that you like to read about more than any other? If there is a subject that you find yourself reading hours about then maybe it is a passion. Think about the type of books that you cannot put down.
- What are you naturally talented at? Is there anything you are naturally great at already? If you find that you are really good at something that you have never trained in, then maybe that is your true calling.
- What are my core skills and strengths? Sometimes finding your why doesn’t mean reinventing yourself. Sometimes it means being true to the strengths and skills that you already possess.
- When do I feel greatest sense of value? Is there anything you do in your life currently that gives you a great sense of value or purpose? If there is a task or activity that does give you an overwhelming sense of purpose, that is the perfect place to start when finding your why.
- What gets you excited? If there is something in your like that truly gets you excited and motivated then you may have found your passion. If you get so excited about something that gets you out of bed in the morning, do not ignore the sensation.
That’s everything you need to know about finding your passion and probably a little more because I just can’t help myself, I’m passionate about sharing this work with you. Now go ahead and get started and don’t forget to let me know how it goes!