Beeswax Benefits and Uses
Beeswax is a product made from the honeycomb of the honeybee and other bees. Bees consume about eight times as much honey and fly 150,000 miles to create one pound of beeswax. The mixing of pollen oils into honeycomb wax turns the white wax into a yellow or brown color. Beeswax is generally available as yellow, white, or bleached. Yellow beeswax comes directly from the honeycomb, while white and bleached beeswax come from yellow beeswax. Man-made versions of beeswax have been manufactured to look like natural beeswax.
Here are a few benefits of beeswax :
- Skin Enhancer – Beeswax inhibits the growth of bacteria, which can prevent and treat skin conditions like dermatitis, psoriasis and eczema.
- Skin Moisturiser – It helps protect and repair rough, dry to chapped skin because it has the ability to lock in moisture.
- Liver Protector – Beeswax helps normalise liver function and improve symptoms of fatty liver disease.
- Cholesterol Stabiliser – Its compounds lower bad cholesterol and rise good cholesterol.
- Pain Reliever and Anti-inflammatory – Its anti swelling effects help reduce inflammation and relieve pain.
- Acne Treatment – It has strong antiseptic, healing and anti-inflammatory properties making it effective in the treatment of acne.
- Lip Healer – The natural moisturiser in beeswax make it the perfect lip balm to heal dry, cracked lips.
- Stretch Mark Eliminator – The vitamin A in beeswax helps produce collagen, which fights stretch marks.
- Jock Itch & Fungal Skin Infection Reliever – It helps reduce inflammation, pain and itching associated with fungal infections.
- Relaxer – Beeswax candles are great aromatherapy agents.
Reference : https://draxe.com/nutrition/beeswax/