The trick to being awesome is to love your life in the flow state. The flow state is a mental state of mind in which you are pulled forward by big goals, yet happy where you are now. It creates a feeling of growth and a feeling of being lucky. You must have goals, but your happiness cannot be tied to those goals. You must be happy before your attain your goals. There are four states of being :
- Current Reality Trap
- Flow State
- Negative Spiral
In order to be awesome you need to be in the balance of Happy in the Now & Vision of the Future.
Happy in The Now
- The key is to truly embrace and appreciate where you are in your life right now. How? By celebrating how far you have already come, and by practising Blisscipline – the discipline of bliss.
- You can achieve a constant state of bliss by practising meditation, visualisation, intention setting, inspirational reading and being grateful for what you have.
- Everyday we wake up, shower, brush our teeth, and wash our bodies. But so few of us take the time to wash our minds. Wash our minds of anxiety, dread, self-loathing. Yet, this is one of those most fundamental ways for us to hack our own happiness.
Vision of the Future
- To create the best version of your future, you must learn to recognise the difference between “Mean Goals” and “End Goals” and let go of all the bullshit rules.
- Mean Goals – What you think you want (the things we are told we need before we can be happy like good grades, good degree, a good job). Common bullshit rules in this phase are the pursuit of money is inherently BAD, college education is necessary, aging is given, our goals must be realistic.
- End Goals – What you truly want (following your passion, being in a loving relationship, contributing, exploring, being genuinely happy). Set realistic goals. Follow intuition about what you really want. You don’t need to know exactly how to get there, you’ll figure that our on the way.
Your true awesomeness will come when you focus on building a life and not building a career.
Reference : https://www.finerminds.com