The problem is, we forget to love ourselves. We cannot expect someone to commit to us if we are not devoted to ourselves. We cannot hope for someone to support us if we don’t have faith in ourselves. We cannot wish for security and laughter and jealous fights if we do not believe that we deserve it. We cannot be honest with our partner if we lie to ourselves. Our partner cannot listen to us if we muffle our own inner voices. Our partner cannot take care of us if we don’t know how to heal our own wounds. Our partner cannot make us feel confident if we are deeply insecure. Our partner will not believe in us if we do not believe in us.
Here are a few ways to fearlessly start loving yourself more :
- Use Daily Affirmations – Affirmations work to help boost your self-esteem, which in turn, contributes to that goal of fearless self-love.
- Stop Your Negative Self Talk – Adding fuel to the fire of unhealthy thinking patterns is the habit of negative self-talk.
- Challenge Social Expectations – While working toward a fearless self-love, we need to be mindful of these social influences.
- Build Your Strengths – If social influence plays a role in how we shape our motivations, we run the risk of focusing our attention in areas that may not be honouring our unique gifts.
- Focus On Your Successes – Each person has an ingrained tendency to remember the negative events in their life, before they remember the positive.
- Practice Self-Compassion – Arguably one of the most vital ways to grow in self-love is through the act of self compassion.
- Live Gratefully – A grateful heart brings a joyful spirit. Gratitude is more than affirmations or positive self-talk.
- Find the Humour in Life – Life is hard and if we spend too much time thinking about all those hardships, we are guaranteed to suffer.
- Don’t Forget to Smile – Seeking a fearless self-love should include smiling! Loving yourself is striving to reach your fullest potential.
- Ask For Help – Allow others to help lighten your load so you can focus on the most needed tasks and complete those in a near perfect manner.
- Set Boundaries – If we don’t set the standard for how others are allowed to treat us, then people will treat is however they feel.
- Stay Home When Needed – If you struggle with holding boundaries with self and others, then perhaps your self-care is lacking.
- Share Your True Feelings – Self-love asks us to be honest and raw with ourselves. Honest with our true values, morals, wants and needs.
- Surround Yourself with Goodness – Seeking a fearless self love is a full time job. All aspects of our life need to stay focused on our ultimate goals; self-love and happiness.
- Remember That You Are Loved – Affirmations, boundaries, and positivity can all help to increase our self-love. Everything mentioned has the potential to improve your happiness, but only if we know that we are loved.
Only we can pull ourselves out of the black hole of insecurity. We have to know that the only person who we can depend on is us. We have to like our personality. We have to recognize our weaknesses. We have to love ourselves through our mistakes, self-described flaws, and any regrets we may have. We have to believe in who we are, always and forever. We have to. And only when we have learned to love ourselves, someone else will too.