Healing Sacral Chakra
The Sacral Chakra is your passion and pleasure centre and it is located in the pelvic area. While the Root Chakra is satisfied with survival, the 2nd chakra seeks pleasure and enjoyment. The gift of this chakra is experiencing our lives through feelings and sensations. The second chakra is the centre of feeling, emotion, pleasure, sensuality, intimacy, and connection. The energy of this chakra allows you to let go, to move, and to feel change and transformation occurring within your body. It allows you to experience this moment as it is, in its own fullness.
Here are a few ways to heal you sacral chakra
- Honour your sacred vessel with sacred bathing. Bathe with honey, cinnamon, oranges and rose petals. Essential oils include orange, patchouli, cinnamon, sandalwood and rose. Sacral Chakra healing crystals include carnelian, amber and citrine. Affirmation – I am comfortable in my body.
- Honour your creativity. You are a creative force. Yes, you are a creative person. Is your art : wood working, cooking, painting, dancing, poetry or kickboxing Choose your expression. Your crafts, scrapbooking and gardens? Art! Affirmation – I have the power to create worlds.
- Heal your relationship with your mother. Whether your mother is living or has transitioned, you can heal your relationship. If your have a narcissistic mother or mother figure who is unhealthy for you to be around, you can do this healing work without even contacting her. Affirmation – I lovingly forgive and release.
- Heal your relationship with your mother culture. There is a reason why we say Mother Earth, Mother Tongue, Mother Country and Motherland. We all have several cultural mothers. Heal this relationship as well. Affrimation – I am powerful beyond belief.
- Move your hips and dance for your own pleasure – Try hip circles, yoga, twerking, pole fitness, burlesque or cabaret. Affirmation – My hips move mountains.
- Release unhealthy attachments and co-dependency – Our sacral spaces often carry the residue of unhealthy and unhealed relationships energy. Many of us also carry the residual trauma of sexual abuse and trauma. Release any unhealthy situation you are currently in. Affirmation – I am free.
- Heal the shame – Our sacral chakra is also where we store grief, shame and fear. Heal your shame and you heal all of these who came before you and after you. Affirmation – I am proud of myself.