Working from home may seem like a dream. You have no boss popping up behind you. No employees to interrupt you with the latest office gossip. No donuts to avoid. But, working from home—with all of its perks and pluses—also presents some unique challenges when it comes to maintaining a healthy lifestyle. From temptations in your fully-stocked fridge and pantry calling you, to the mindset of always being ”at work,” to having a schedule that’s almost too flexible, working from home can make staying healthy difficult in some ways.
Here’s how to stay fit when your home doubles as your office :
- Increase water intake – Water is a very important factor in any weight reduction program. Consumption of water cleanses the toxins from the body in the form of urine. Drink about 4 to 5 litres of water every day.
- Switch to green tea instead of tea/coffee – Drinking a cup of hot green tea every morning on an empty stomach can cleanse the toxins in your body. It can also help reduce the problem of constipation. Green tea has low calories so it is a very good tip for weight loss.
- Hot water with lemon and honey – Hot water with lemon and honey is a great trick for losing weight. Drink this every morning on an empty stomach to aid your weight loss in 10 days.
- Reduce the intake of carbohydrates – Rice contains a lot of calories and carbohydrates in it. Reducing the intake of rice can reduce weight largely. If you want to lose weight, it is essential to reduce these carbohydrates intake to a greater extent.
- Increase protein intake – Protein is a muscle builder that can effectively reduce the fat in our body. It can also convert the loose fat into muscles. Increase the intake of protein and replace carbohydrates food with protein food.
- Increase fibre intake – Having food with soluble fibres is a great way to reduce weight. Consuming foods that contain soluble fibres will shed the weight by reducing the bad cholesterol in your body. They keep your stomach full for a longe time and this prevents overeating.
- Avoid junk food – Steer clear from junk food. Junk foods like pizza, burgers, sausages, etc do not contain any nutritive value. All they offer is fat and added weight. Junk food is the most common factor for putting on weight. They can trigger stomach and liver disease due to contamination.
- Proper Exercise – Be physically active. Working out is very important to lose weight and to stay fit. You can start with simple exercises like skipping, walking, jogging, swimming, cardio workout or try yoga. Following a regular exercise routine will also help you in a long run.
- Avoid the three while poisons – Rice, Sugar & Salt – Rice, sugar and salt must be avoided in your diet to a greater extent. You cannot totally avoid these but you are can control their consumption quantity.
- Reduce your food consumption to 1/3 – It is clear that the food that you are consuming now leads to obesity. So you will have to reduce this quantity to one third. If your hunger still persist, consume fibre rich fruits or vegetables as your desert.
- Never skip your meals – Never skip your meals. When you skip your meal thinking that you might lose weight, you actually gain weight. This is because the hunger stays in your body and the next time you consume food, you end up consuming twice the quantity.
- Consume fruits with high water content and less calories – Fruits and vegetables like water lemon, cucumber, and papaya have very less calories. They can be consumed for brunch or in the evening as salads as they make you full. These fruits are best suited for weight loss as they have more water and lesser calories.
- Prefer sprouts to snacks – Boiled sprouts are rich in nutrients and have fewer calories. They can be consumed twice a day for brunch or in the evening time 2 hours before dinner. They provide you better nutrients than any other snack and also aid your weight loss.
- Not more than 3 meals a day – Never consume more than 3 proper meals a day. And most importantly, only your lunch can be heavy; whereas your breakfast and dinner should always be light. This is one of the most important tip on how to lose weight.
- Get rid of food cravings – Never consume snacks or food when you have food craving sensation. Instead, drink plenty of water to avoid it. The sugary and fatty foods, leads to unnecessary increase in weight. You will have to break it with your willpower. You have to motivate yourself to ditch the junk food and switch over to healthy options.