Do you find that you’re continually fighting with your worries? Do they distress you because you feel controlled by them or that if you don’t worry then something bad might happen? Do your worries pour into your head when you wake at night? Finally, when you’ve started worrying, do you find it almost impossible to stop?
Don’t worry. You are not alone. Here are few ways in which you can start worrying less today and everyday. Next time when worry hits, think about these :
- Imagine yourself later, when you will look back at your life.
- Start saying no to people.
- Talk to someone about it.
- Imagine if someone was sharing these worries with you, what would you say to him/her?
- Take action, try and try again.
- Zoom Out.
- Empty your mind.
- Embrace uncertainty even if it’s scary.
- Write about it.
- Live in the present.
- Have a plan.
- Draw your situation and write the results of all possibilities.
- Don’t google it.
Your attitude about coping with worry and anxiety is also important. Many people with acute anxiety are serious and upset and think they have to get a handle on their anxiety immediately. Try these steps to see if there is a change.
Categories: Personal Development