What if you could manufacture a perfect day? One of those ah-so-amazing days when you have the “productive touch” (similar to the midas touch but instead of turning things into gold, you open a can of to do-list destroying whoop-ass). Crafting a morning routine is a personal thing. First of all, you can’t do everything. Morning routine implies morning— what I mean is, it shouldn’t consume your entire day. One hour is perfect, two is the maximum.
I collected a wide range of opinions on how best to start a day, from the scientific to the successful. Here’s the best of what I found:
- Wake & Meditate – 6AM – While on bed, think thoughts of gratitude, and take a moment to appreciate God, all the people in your life, and situations that have helped you grow and kept you going. Then, meditate for a few minutes.
- Work Out followed by a Warm Cup of Water – 6:30AM – To make mind work, you must move your body. Physical fitness is must. A very warm glass of water helps cleanse the body by flushing out toxins.
- Journal – 7:30AM – Fabulous workouts and meditation sessions can get anyone creative juices flowing and taking note of those wonderful ideas is essential. Plus, writing down thoughts can hep you stay focused during the day.
- Eat a Mindful Breakfast – 8AM – We all eat breakfast. But mindfully? A healthy breakfast with all active senses will help you enjoy your food, be grateful for it, prevent overeating and strengthen concentration.
- Identify the Most Crucial One Task for the day & Organise – 9AM- Focus on working at one major task or project over the day/week. Planning the day will give you control over your time, and stay focused.
- Visualise the Desired Outcome – 9:30AM – Visualising for even a few minutes work wonders for the productivity, and get us decide results. I make sure to visualise what I expect from the day.
I’d love to hear about your routine, too. Feel free to share your morning schedule here in the comments.