Skin pigmentation or uneven skin tone as it is normally called is caused due to the increased production of melanin in our skin. Although it does not pose any threat to our physical health yet the mental health of some people suffering from it may get affected. To have pigmentation anywhere on the body is sad but it becomes most unattractive when it is visible on face. From a distance pigmentation around mouth and chin gives an appearance of beard on a face of women.
Skin pigmentation at an early stage can be cured by following some home remedies. Here is a list for you :
- Lemon – Known for its amazing antibacterial properties, lemon is excellent for lightening dark skin spots. Use neat on the skin or mix with natural yogurt. Rinse after 10 minutes.
- Potato – Potato is great for healing all manner of skin complaints. Recently potato peel has been medically proven towel burns. You can use the juice of a potato or slices of to lighten the skin.
- Aloe Vera – Aloe Vera is one of the natures finest natural skin remedies. It has been used for thousands of years to heal skin complaints. Apply freshly squeezed Aloe Vera to darker pigmentation.
- Turmeric – Turmeric is another ancient natural remedy. It is regarded as one of the natures best anti-inflammatories. Great for joint pain, and a possible cancer preventative. Mix turmeric powder with yogurt and apply to the skin.
- Avocado – Avocados are a great source of vitamin B6 and vitamin E, which are great for the skin. Avocados also contain a natural anti-inflammatory called lutein. To use avocado, blend them in a food processor to a smooth paste and apply to the skin.
- Apple Cider Vinegar – Apple Cider Vinegar is amazing stuff. Try and use organic if you can get it. Apply to darker spots on the skin with a cotton pad. Rinse after 10 minutes.
- Coconut Oil – Coconut oil has recently become the latest craze in natural remedies, and with good reason. Coconut oil contains vitamin E and C, and lauric acid, which are all excellent for the skin.
- Baking Soda – Baking soda can be used as a natural skin lightener. Just mix some baking soda with a small amount of water and apply to the skin. Rinse after 10 minutes.
- Sugar – Sugar can be used as an excellent exfoliator for hyperpigmentation. Add 1/4 cup of sugar to 1/2 cup of almond oil, add 1/2 tsp of lemon juice for a great DIY exfoliator.
- Yogurt – Natural plain yogurt is an excellent skin brightener as it contains lactic acid. Use it as a base with other ingredients or simply use it on its own.