Healing Weeds to Grow in Your Backyard
The joy of most healing herbs and plants is that they’re easy to grow and sometimes “medicine” is as easy as making a cup of tea. And the options are endless when it comes to growing these plants. Some of them fit easily into your existing garden, or you can start a healing garden from scratch. If you don’t have a large stretch of garden space, you can tuck in little healing gardens wherever you have soil, sun and access to water. Many of these plants also do well in containers.
Here is a list of healing weeds to grow in your backyard :
- Purslane – It has a high content of omega 3 fatty acids.
- Dandelion – It is rich in potassium which is often lost through excess urination.
- Chickweed – It is rich in nutrients that nourish the lymph and glandular system.
- Rosemary – It reduces the risk of Alzheimer’s disease due to its carnosic acid.
- Milkweed – It ca treat and remove warts.
- Red Clover – It has very useful compounds to treat bronchitis and respiratory disorders.
- Nettle – It is very useful in arthritis, gout, asthma, hay fever, and Alzheimer’s disease.
- Lavender – It has anti-inflammatory and antiseptic properties.
- Burdock – It may reduce the risk of stroke and heart attack.
- Sow Thistle – It is useful for treating inflammation and digestive upsets.