Low self-esteem is a self-fulfilling prophecy. The worse you feel about yourself, the less energy and motivation you have to do what it takes to build your self-esteem around. Your self-esteem continues to plummet as your brain locks in on negative and circular thinking, further entrenching you in beliefs that have little or no basis in reality.
Self-esteem improves by changing both your thoughts and behaviors. You must practice new thoughts and behaviors until you begin to turn the tide of your feelings about yourself. And you must continue practicing them to maintain a healthy love for yourself. Here are few ways in which you can start today :
- Accept Yourself As You Are – You count, you are valuable, you deserve, you are unique and precious. Know that and give yourself the best chance to lead the life of your dreams.
- Never Stop Learning – Gain more knowledge and understanding about those things you are passionate and love doing.
- Improve Your Confidence – Believe! As you’ve done in the past, you can face whatever life throws at you. Believe that you can, and you will always find your way.
- Be Grateful and Use your Past Experiences – An unfortunate event from the past is now an emergency file to use as an example of how to or not to move forward.
- Build Long Lasting Relationships , Stay Connected – Life is comfortable, enjoyable, and happy when you surround yourself with people that love, appreciate, value, care for you, and accept you as you are.
- Follow Your Dreams and Aspirations – Dreams are your greatest motivation, showing you a picture of your future, a picture that pulls you into excitement and irresistible desire to prove yourself how amazing you can be.
- Strive For Meaningful Change – Personal Growth and Self-Improvement mean change; take advantage of all the things you are, what you know how to do and strive to live the best version of your destiny.
Once you accept the unique perfection of who you are and what you offer the world, you will find that you are more deserving than anyone of your own love and affection.
Categories: Personal Development